Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 6:23:40 AM EDT
Saw one at the show today, the guy was asking $375, but would let me have it for $360. The kit was GC, the bore looked great, but the crown had what appeared to be two peened spots on it, and I declined because of that. Is this a decent price for the Rom RPK kit? Also, my friend(he's an AK builder) thinks that the peens can be dealt with, what say you?
Thanks,
Michael
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
SOG has Yugo RPK kits for $299.00, you would be better off with one of these

There milled kits.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]
double tap
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SOG has Yugo RPK kits for $299.00, you would be better off with one of these

There milled kits.

Have you confirmed this?  I few guys said they had ordered one recently and they were stamped kits.  I was actually going to call tomorrow to confirm mileld vs/ stamped.

Dawg
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a Bulgarian RPK-74 with a new barrel, on a new kit, with a NDS receiver. I also have the Yugo M72 RPK with a new US barrel, and DC receiver, and both are very sweet rifles. However, I'd heard soooo much about the Romanian RPK's being some of the best, and how sweeeet they were. Just thought if it was a steal deal, I'd still go after it. We took the barrel nut of, which was locked into place with it's detent pin, to get a better look at the two peen marks, and it's for sure in the crown. Steve thinks they were put there purposely, as they don't appear to be random gouge marks, as the barrel nut provided some degree of protection for the crown. Steve's quite a prolific builder, M1919s, MG42s, G3s, AKs, etc..., he seems to think he could fix the crown without damaging the chrome, fairly easy. I was still hesitant, and declined. I'll probably end up kicking myself for not getting the thing, that seems the way it always goes.
Michael
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I called SOG about the Yugo RPK kits and they said the kits are milled.  I setn Dpmmn a meesage to find out when he got his kit.  Who knows, maybe it was a fluke(?)
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top