Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/2/2010 7:10:48 AM EDT
Hey - quick question please ....

Will this wood pistol grip fit on my WASR 10/63?

Romanian AK47 Early Wood Pistol Grip

I know that some grips willl fit some AKs and some won't ...

Thanks!

ETA: Like maybe need a longer or shorter screw?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I cant say 100% but I dont see why it wouldnt work. It looks to be pretty similar in size to the grip that most Ak`s have.

Keep in mind that your current grip may be a 922R compliance part. Do your homework to make sure you dont run afoul of the law.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks ... I think I'll go ahead and get it. Will need to find a US part to swap in the mean time. Hmmm... does a coat of CLP count??
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#3]
You say some do and some don't, I have yet to see an AK pistol grip that does not fit unless the AK has been modified (ie had an adaptor to accept AR pistol grips).  When all else fails, ask the person who is selling the item.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I had picked up an wood AMD grip [I think AMD] at a gun show last year thinking it would fit. It didn't - screw was too long or short, can't remember. I didn't spend a lot of time jacking with it. That experience prompted me to ask, in a technical AK forum, the question before trying it again with another grip. Calls to Apex went unanswered.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Some US pistol grips with compartments use shorter bolts, but it is more about the hardware for the pistol grip itself and less about compatibility.  Unfortunately not all that require different length hardware come with it and it certainly speaks poorly of the company making such grips.  But that is something the company that makes it can answer and not a general AK forum.  Either a pistol grip for the AK system fits all AKs without modifcation or it fits none without modification.  It is not a question of some AKs being different, it is about special needs the aftermarket part has.  Hope that helps in determining who to ask, it is simply the AKs and AKMs all have either a pistol grip nut or plate that use the same threaded bolts to attach pistol grips.  
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top