Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2005 8:39:28 AM EDT

What is the difference between the Romanian AK kits that everyone is selling now (vertical grip fore-end) and the Model 1963 Romanian AK kits? One place had both listed, but the picture was the same. There must be some difference.
Did anyone buy both?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:23:06 PM EDT
At Centerfire Systems the 1963 kits don't include a cleaning rod or muzzle brake. Other than that I don't see much difference.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:03:42 PM EDT
The 1963 kits are in good to very good condition in general and the numbers more often than not don't match. The 1975 kits are in excellent to new/unfired condition and the numbers more often than not match.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:40:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 9:40:31 PM EDT by BLM]

Originally Posted By nightcrawlers:
The 1963 kits are in good to very good condition in general and the numbers more often than not don't match. The 1975 kits are in excellent to new/unfired condition and the numbers more often than not match.

Anyone know this for sure my buddy just ordered 3 of the 63 kits and I was hopeing to buy one from him.
I geuss now I will make sure it is matching
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:43:31 AM EDT
Buy a kit from Scott @ DPH Arms. If he says it matches, it will. Or look for an ad from Bocefus over
on Goonsnet - I've bought several from him, and will recommend him w/o hesitation.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:18:15 AM EDT
In their latest advertisment, I see that SOG has a '63 kit listed for $99 and the picture shows a Romanian AK with a regular front grip (not vertical pistol). Is that the case with the '63 kits, or is the picture just wrong?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:41:47 AM EDT
Theres a guy from Meridian, ID on GB, has very nice kits, shipping's kind of steep though. I got one from Cope's Distributing, cheap shipping, matching #s, but the finish is terrible.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:46:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tanker06:
Buy a kit from Scott @ DPH Arms. If he says it matches, it will. Or look for an ad from Bocefus over
on Goonsnet - I've bought several from him, and will recommend him w/o hesitation.

Huge +1...

I wish Bocefus would post here as he is a great guy and seller... I ry to support our sellers here but Bocefus will get your kit out much faster then most any seller here... I got three of the Rommy kits from DPH here on the forums and got anxious after a couple weeks so I ordered another from Bocefus. My kit from Bocefus arived in about a week and the DPH kits came about another 2-weeks later...

YMMV and I know it's a busy time still if you want a kit right away Bocefus is the man and I have bought as many as 10 kits from Bocefus over the years... not always better kits but you always get good kits and you get them pretty fast.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:50:04 AM EDT
Back on topic... well sort of...

I have one or two of the older Romanian kits that I purchased from Interordanence years ago (perhaps 3 years ago now?). I think these kits were 1970's marked kits and they were clearly refinished and the numbers do not match. I have compared the parts between those kits and the new G1 kits and they look pretty much the same so I assume you would not see many differences in the other kits... perhaps I should look at the parts again as I have not looked at them in quite some time to compare them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:51:50 AM EDT
Thanks for all the info from everyone. I have collected quite a few romy kits already. Got one from an IO group buy a while ago that looked like a cat crapped it out . Then I got one from DPH that was so pristine that I just had to get a another. I also got a couple recently from Centerfire on a blowout. I usually like more variety, so I was hoping maybe these '63 kits would have different furniture or something unique about them. Oh well, it appears that are mostly alike.
Top Top