Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/17/2005 4:21:07 PM EDT
I got a 30 round mag stuck in it. Any suggestions please. The mag latch won't move either way. Thanks, Rich
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:40:19 PM EDT
Is it only with one mag?
I just purchased a Romanian Ak and every once in a while a mag gets stuck.
not sure what the problem is.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:51:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2005 4:52:40 PM EDT by JaketheSnake]
I assume your talking about the mag getting stuck in an actual AK rifle?
If so just get a very thick philips head screwdriver or anything that will put pressure on the mag release and see if you can pry the magazine release lever forward, I would disassemble rifle first take off the top cover, the spring for the bolt, and the entire bolt as well so you can get a better look inside the gun.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:09:22 PM EDT
I had the same problem with my Kit...
The thing that you press when you want to release the magazine is too long. Apparently that was my problem. Once you get the mag out (just hit the little metal hard with a hammer if necesary until it lets your mag come out). Then just go sanding with a dremel the metal where it touches the magazine. Its simple, try it not only with one mag but with various sources such as plastic and metal mags.

Good luck and i hope that is your problem. I'm sorry my terminology is not very exact. lol
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:38:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Robotizing:
I had the same problem with my Kit...
The thing that you press when you want to release the magazine is too long. Apparently that was my problem. Once you get the mag out (just hit the little metal hard with a hammer if necesary until it lets your mag come out). Then just go sanding with a dremel the metal where it touches the magazine. Its simple, try it not only with one mag but with various sources such as plastic and metal mags.

Good luck and i hope that is your problem. I'm sorry my terminology is not very exact. lol

Same happened to me
with a little sanding it worked fine

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:42:57 PM EDT
Sounds like a WASR. Like mentioned before a little dremel/file action will get it taken care of.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:45:58 PM EDT
You're all right. I found that all the mags stuck and I dremeled each one of them to fit. Should have prolly done the latch instead but thought it would cost less if I just screwed up the mags. Works great now. It was right at that ramp on the mags that the latch was sticking. Thanks fellas.
Top Top