Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2005 6:16:17 PM EDT
There's a Romanian AK at the local pawn for $150.  How do I tell if it will take High Cap mags?  Should I just go buy a mag and check to see if it fits before buying it?  I've posted another topic (help me buy my first ak) about buying this gun.  If it doesn't take High Caps it might be worth trying to modify it for $150.  If it takes only low caps I'll more than likely buy a different one as well.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The magwell on the single stack will be noticeably narrower than the double stack.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
measure the magazine opening, it's high cap if it's roughly an inch wide.  low cap will be a bit less
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#3]
for $150 I say go for it....hell all WASRs start narrow

BUT....if it has a quarter-circular cut out on the back of the receiver and a thumbhole stock...don't do it
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]
If it is a pistol grip I say go for it and convert it your self. It is as easy as pie and it will save you probably over $150 that you can spend on a G2 trigger and some nicer furniture for the same price you will pay for the one with the mag well already opend. Just my two cents. Man I would get it my self if I saw one for $150 that was in realy good shape.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd get it either way. Even if it's a low-cap you can sell if for more than 150. Field strip it and look for US marked parts, if it's highcap it will have US marked internals. If not, you can cut out the magwell and add US parts for $50 so even then your at $200.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:39:41 AM EDT
[#6]
$150?

Buy it!!!

Then come join us in te Romanian forum.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#7]

$150?

Buy it!!!

Then come join us in te Romanian forum.

+1  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top