Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/28/2004 8:52:38 AM EDT
I had never heard of them till now, found one in 5.45.  How are they as far as quality compared to a Sar-2?  Do they have dimples?  Is there anything about them that makes them different then a Sar-2?  Thanks.

Digital
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 97' Romak-1 (7.62). Mine has dimples and was made for hi-cap mags...  Ha!  

But it came with butthole stock and I had to add the US parts to convert it to a regular buttstock and pistol grip.

I think the fit and finish are nicer than a SAR-,  but my Romak had the barrel that had the threads turned down so you can't  thread it yourself.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a romak in 5.45 and mines is the same way, so is the muzzle, But you can use an ar die, size.500 X 28 right hand, and thread the muzzle. they are making adapters that allow you to use an adapter to attach a standard ak brake in either 22mm or 24mm.or if you want you can use a standard ar suppresor.FAC has the adapters for $9.95 and the brakes for about $20.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 Romak-2

Dimples, laminated thumbhole stock, etc.  Swapped out the euro FCG with the G-2 double hook set I got from Tapco with my AMD-65 kit (it'll be a while before I finish the AMD so why spend the $$$$ right now for another fcg?), added the Tapco gas piston & pistol grip, & finished her off with East German brown poly & bakelite furniture.  

As soon as I get access to a drill press I'll slightly tweak the gas chamber & front sight base.....typical cross eyed Romanian workmanship  It's liveable as is but it bugs me.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top