Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/18/2009 5:21:01 PM EDT
I recently traded my brother for a AK he bought some years ago and never fired. Its a Romak 992 5.45x39 AK. To my understanding these started out as single stack magazine rifles. This one has OOW of Ohio on the bottom and has a muzzle break permently attatched along with some US parts installed inside. Beautiful set of Laminate furniture on it no Butthole stock.  I was curios as to the reliability and durability of these compared to current AK-74's being offered. I fired 20 rounds through it and was right on target. I then had a little fun and bumped fired 25 out of it about a hour ago. All function was 100%. Thanks for the info. I tried to do a search but all the topics I found on here are archived or google search topics were all too old to pull up and decent background info. I was wondering if this is a keeper or should I be on the lookout for another quality AK-74. Any personel experiences or info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:27:58 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/ used to have the best info here however, I am having trouble opening this link today.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:36:58 AM EDT
[#2]
i have a romak 992 i got for 150$ it is still single stack and the threads for the FS have been milled off . i am also surprised how well mine fires it has never jammed but i can only put 10 rounds through it at a time . i would really like to see some pictures of yours.  i have not had the time or the balls to cut the housing to accept double stack clips
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top