Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/13/2004 8:29:03 PM EDT
I have a Romak 1 made by marked Ratmil/Cugir I bought  in 97. It has the Thumbhole stock and accepts hi-cap mags.

My question is can I put a Pistol grip and stock on this now that the AWB ban has expired? also can I put a folding stock on it? does the country of manufacture of the stock matter? I believe the original is foreign made. Does anyone else have one of these rifles...whats the deal with having to have so many us made parts?  as far as i can tell this rifle is all foriegn made.

Any info is appreciated.. this AWB can be so confusing
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a Romak 1 made by marked Ratmil/Cugir I bought  in 97. It has the Thumbhole stock and accepts hi-cap mags.

My question is can I put a Pistol grip and stock on this now that the AWB ban has expired? also can I put a folding stock on it? does the country of manufacture of the stock matter? I believe the original is foreign made. Does anyone else have one of these rifles...whats the deal with having to have so many us made parts?  as far as i can tell this rifle is all foriegn made.

Any info is appreciated.. this AWB can be so confusing

Yes you can replace the thumbhole stock.

Yes you can put a folding stock on the rifle.

Yes you can put a bayonet lug on the rifle.

You need to have 5 US made parts on the rifle. Most folks replace the trigger, hammer, disconnector, pistol grip, and gas piston with US made parts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure your imported parts count is ten or less of the following imported parts:
(1 ) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings**
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunnions)
(5) Muzzle attachments **
(6) Bolts **
(7) Bolt carriers **
(8) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons **
(10) Trigger housings
(11) Triggers **
(12) Hammers **
(13) Sears **
(14) Disconnector’s **
(15) Buttstock’s **
(16) Pistol grips **
(17) Forearms, handguards **
(18) Magazine bodies
(19) Followers**
(20) Floorplates**
If your u.s. parts count brings the imported parts count from above to ten or less then you can have all the evil features you want. The ** denotes u.s. parts available for most AK's.....This is not legal advice make sure you check the facts with the BATF before making changes to your weapon
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Yes you can replace the thumbhole stock.

Yes you can put a folding stock on the rifle.

Yes you can put a bayonet lug on the rifle.

You need to have 5 US made parts on the rifle. Most folks replace the trigger, hammer, disconnector, pistol grip, and gas piston with US made parts.

Best way to do it IMO...This way the 5 parts are allways on the rifle...
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top