Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/14/2005 2:25:55 PM EDT
I just bought a brand new bolt cutter from the local pawn shop  for 8 bucks so that I could make a rivet squeezer for my AK builds. However, I do not have the welding capabilites needed to make said squeezer. Would anyone like to trade their already made squeezer for a perfectly good bolt cutter or would they be willing to modify my bolt cutters into a rivet squeezer and I'll pay for the parts needed to do that too. Someone please help.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't need any welding capabilities.  You just need an angle grinder ($15 at harbor freight) to shape the jaws.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You don't need any welding capabilities.  You just need an angle grinder ($15 at harbor freight) to shape the jaws.

Oh OKay. That I can do!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh OKay. That I can do!!

I did mine really quick and threw some black paint on them.  Turned out nice, hope they work.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:20:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone have a good link on how to make these?

Thanks,
Kris
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:16:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone have a good link on how to make these?

Thanks,
Kris

It's not really a how to but I found this link about five minutes after I started this thread...DOH!! It does show, however, what it should look like after you are done with the grinder.

Hammer in PA's Modified Bolt Cutter Rivet Tool
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's a more simple design similar to the one I made...

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top