Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2005 2:09:57 AM EDT
Whats the difference here, I got some of both and Im not seeing any difference other then the obvious rib on the back, is one better then the other?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Using calipers with .001" accuracy I measured both types in the same places at a dozen spots and 10 out of 12 measurements were the same. One mag was blued and one was painted black so the thickness of the coat of paint could account for the 2 spots where the mesurements were different. The only real difference I could see is the way the back of the two halfs of  the mag were folded before being spot welded.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Like JA mentioned....It really boils down to tooling and a different way to stamp them out.  I've heard that the rib adds a little durability, but I've never had any problems out of any of my mags that are ribbed or non-ribbed.

I prefer the non-ribbed because they feel better in my hand when changing mags in and out.  It's just a personal preference.  I actually have more of the ribbed style.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I somewhat like the feel of them minus the rib myself, I was just wondering, thanks for the into.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top