Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2004 5:38:54 PM EDT
I am new to building AK's, but I am doing my homework and a friend is helping. I was wondering however, if I use a receiver flat and everything works out fine, I understand that I cannot sell it because it is not serialized or registered. Can I serialize it and register it so that it can be sold through my FFL? Does this require a manufacturer's license?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:12:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 8:14:46 PM EDT by Quarterbore]
I do not know the answer for sure but search the archives at...


I am pretty sure that on that website I saw something to indicate that you can sell a homebuilt gun but you need to claime any income on your taxes... Obviously this is a bigger concern with a 1919a4 or M2HB then an AK so that is why they asked...

I know there is a FAQ or letter posted there somewhere!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:21:11 AM EDT
What you will have to do is pay the federal excise tax and make sure the receiver is marked with your name, address and serial number. Now the question remains will ATF let you do this? Personally, I don't know as I have never heard of anyone doing it. I don't think it is too off the mark for ATF to require that you become a manufacturor before they allow you to pay the excise.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:31:22 AM EDT
Top Top