Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/30/2003 5:50:12 PM EDT

Received two packages from KAG today. 10 days shy of 18 months wait. It cost me $34 in COD postage.
Inside are the remains of two previously working rifles and a pistol AK (never assembled)

Here are the rifles before SAI;

Here is the CLAYCO after SAI;

List of missing parts from CLAYCO AKS;
Bolt Assy
Bolt Carrier Assy
Recoil Spring Assy
Action Cover – Marked “ALTERATIONS TO THIS WEAPON ARE DANGEROUS AND ILLEGAL”
Folding Stock- ACE Co. Long Length
Folding stock Adapter- ACE Co. Stamped Type
Folding stock Adapter Screws- ACE Co
Pistol grip – Galil type – ACE Co.
Lower Handguard – Wood, inlet cut, drilled for cleaning rod
Lower handguard rear bezel
Upper Handguard – Wood
Upper handguard Retainer clip
Gas tube
Slant Brake
Cleaning Rod
Bayonette Spring
Bayonette Pivot pin
Hammer
Hammer Spring
Hammer Pin
Trigger
Trigger Pin
Disconnector
Disconnector spring
Shepherds Hook

Condition of returned bbl’d receiver;
Stripped, parked grey
Numerous patches of rust inside and out
Rust pitting on underside of gasblock
Unpainted
Rear sight slider jammed in, does not lock in notches.
Chamber is parked, looks very rough.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is my SAR3 after SAI;

List of missing parts from Romanian SAR3
Firing pin
Firing pin retaining pin
Bolt Carrier Assy
Recoil Spring assy
Action Cover – Ribbed Romanian type
Butt Stock Polymer and screws- K-VAR US MADE
Butt Plate/screws- K-VAR US MADE
Pistol grip Polymer - K-VAR US MADE
Lower Handguard Polymer with heat shield – K-VAR US MADE
Upper Handguard Polymer – K-VAR US MADE
Upper handguard Retainer clip - K-VAR US MADE
Gas tube
Cleaning Rod
Hammer
Hammer Spring
Hammer Pin
Trigger
Trigger Pin
Disconnector
Disconnector spring
Shepherds Hook
Safety lever

Condition of SAR3
Paint over rust
Bore rusted
Paint in chamber

SAI Muzzle brake is missing (Was paid for in advance)
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]
My AK pistol was supposed to look like this;

Gary called me on 11-19-2002 and told me he had testfired it, personally, 15 rounds. He remarked that it had quite severe muzzle blast and that it only lacked being painted.

Here is what my pistol looked like today;

Missing parts for AK-Pistol

Receiver
75 rd Chinese Drum NIW
Pistol grip nut
Scope mount rivets
Bolt carrier assy

Condition of AK Pistol
Bbl, Trunnion, cover and scope mount base all parked and some surface rust.
Not assembled
Not painted
Rust on bbl, cover

Obviously my ordeal is partly over. I am grateful to KAG for receiving anything. It is hardly reason to celebrate with all three guns inoperable. I will continue to work with KAG to get the sizeable amount of missing parts back. Also hopefully the hundreds of dollars for never performed labor and refinishing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude, that sucks hard. It's a damn shame that this guy fucked so many people over.

You gonna join us at the pit next month? Check out the Hometown forum.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:21:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Yikes!

Best wishes sending him more bills thru the gov't.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:28:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:01:52 AM EDT
[#6]
This guy should go to jail. What I've seen constitutes fraud and theft.  Interstate fraud and theft.
 Also, let this be a lesson for those who are contemplating becomming gunsmiths.  If you don't have ALL the equipment and are not willing to do WHATEVER it takes to get the job done, don't go into this business.  It's NOT just a question whether or not you can build a quality AK. You must have ethics and responsible business practices.  You can't swap parts from gun to gun.  You can't promise and fail to deliver. You can't get by on someone elses sandblaster, welder, press.  Your family better be able to give up your attention while you accomplish what you need to get done in your shop.
 So think about it.  Especially you guys who normaly just punch the clock.  It's a hell of a change of lifestyle. It's also a 70 hour work week in most cases. So think about the whole picture before you jump in.
 Looking at those rifles makes me want to puke.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:10:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I really haven't been following this SAI stuff too close, but that hits close to home acctually seeing the pictures.

Man, he screwed you so bad you wouldn't have to be afraid of prison, it wouldn't hurt anymore.

I hope they take care of this guy.

I now see just how big / bad this issue is.  Shit, even I wouldn't have done some of the crap he did.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Pretty sad.....I'm sure he'll get whatever is coming to him in the end.

Best of luck getting them back together.

Take care,

KF
"Still Deployed"
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#9]
daaaammmnnn!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I called the KAG office and spoke briefly with James McCabria in regards the condition of the guns and the missing parts. He says they have "a horrible mess" of unidentifiable parts. Filers will have to give him and Jerry time to sort through and match items with supplied descriptions.

He also said the place where the guns/kits were stored was actually a building "resembling" a chicken coop. "Resembling" was his description because it was not as nice as some chicken coops. Our valuable property was stored open air, outside, fully exposed to the elements.  

I am hoping another box with my parts will be forwarded to me, not really expecting.

I am planning to rebuild the SAR3 and the AKS and will have to do so with the help of this board. The pistol will not be built for now. Maybe if the ban sunsets I will attempt it.

To all other filers, be sure to get accurate and complete info back to KAG on your missing property. It will help us all get our remaining goods back.

Lastly, to anyone hoping that this was just a small hiccup for SAI and that they will rebuild the business, please consider frontal lobotomy and sterilization. You are simply not wanted in the gene pool.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if they would chop his hands off in pakastan for pulling this crap??
shit this makes me sick,I believed all the BS for so long I cant friggen believe it and I was so damn close to sending him my preban 84s to build a krink,thank god I had to many other projects going at the time to do it.I keep feeling luckier and luckier for having come out with what I did,he only burned me on the $100 refinish and $50 in parts he kept because I complained...
good luck postban in getting your rifles back together..
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder....where have all the SAI defenders gone?  Their silence is deafening.  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:36:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I wonder....where have all the SAI defenders gone?  Their silence is deafening.  

Regards,
Gary

There over on AK Duh 47.Nutz.....

It's really amazing.....I tell everyone over there over a year ago....."Why wait two years for a weapons build...."  They ban me and Troy Sellars, chase both of us over on KVAR Forum.....Lock our accounts....and try and do us AR15.COM when we first arrived......

Simply amazing............

Just remember......It's all about helping your buddy get his AK together.  Point him/her in the right direction.....

"You can never have enough AKs !!!!"

KF
"Still Deployed"
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:08:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I sent Gary an FEG recceiver shell ser# HS0115X and $360 for what was the going price for a K-Var Bulgy 74 kit at the time.

Yesterday I get some box of used and new parts from KAG that don't add up to a complete parts kit. There are definitely parts missing (probably belongs to someone else) I will check the ser.#'s if you think it may belong to you.

BUT I did not get the receiver back.
I emailed Mr McCabria with the KAG but he can't check right now because all the recovered parts are stored somewhere else.

I may be screwed on the parts kit but I'm not letting SAI off the hook on the receiver.

If you have gotten your FEG receiver could you please double check your ser. number and email me if it is even close to the one above.

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I truely feel for you guys!

And.......let's not forget the "role" the "net" (Gun related BB's) played in all of this!

If it were not for the active cover-ups of MANY a board owner/operator throughout the YEARS, (YES YEARS) this situtation would have NEVER spun so completely out of control. Although it's kind of hard when just about every BB on the net is activily supporting the scam (if they know it or not) by completely silencing the opposition!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#18]

To all other filers, be sure to get accurate and complete info back to KAG on your missing property. It will help us all get our remaining goods back.

Lastly, to anyone hoping that this was just a small hiccup for SAI and that they will rebuild the business, please consider frontal lobotomy and sterilization. You are simply not wanted in the gene pool.

I don't hold much hope of getting anthing of mine back. Its been well over two and a half years and Through all the moves things got lost in the shuffle. I did have the original rceipt for the FMP HK91 receiver and sent that off tp the KAG, but I'm not holding out much hope.I sent that schmuck over $1000.00 in parts and $270.00 cash. Well. I hope he chokes on it all.

As far as him ever continuing on the internet as a gunsmith or anywhere else, people on these boards have a long memory. If he so much as sticks his head up above the level of the sod somebody's going to see it and let the rest of us know. He's just burned too many people to make a living on the internet. he's a piriah(?)Ef him. march on.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm slightly confused.  What is going on here?  What does SAI and all those other abbreviations stand for?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:27:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What does SAI and all those other abbreviations stand for?

Suckers
Are
Imminent
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:15:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#22]
QUOTE:

the scam was aided and abetted by a certain ak-47 website long after the problems were well known and documented.

The problem is that it was more then just ONE site!

I know this is a sore wound but....there was a time in the past when negitive comments about Gary posted HERE (yes here) got your posts deleted quickly and if you pressed the issue it also got you banned!

It's good to see that this site has turned around, but lets not forget the past (so it will not happen again).
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Sad.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:28:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:26:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Campy (email sent) .
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:09:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Man, Postban, I truly feel your anguish. It's terrible what SAI has done to your two beautiful rifles.

I sent Gary $605 to build me an AK-103, with him supplying ALL parts including the receiver. He claimed that my rifle was complete except for the finish, so we'll have to wait and see if I get anything back in a box. From the looks of everything, I'm just about to the point of hoping that he had nothing started for me and trying for a full monetary refund.

I also feel damn lucky that I got my pre-ban underfolder back from him a couple of years ago. I sent it to him for a full refinish and furniture change and got it back in 10 weeks. It is a very nice rifle. I'd be sick if it came back "like a jigsaw puzzle with a couple of pieces gone."
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Calm down Bob.

I have NEVER said YOU deleted anyones posts and I DO NOT believe you EVER have.

IMO you are a stand up guy.

I personally had quit a few negative Gary posts deleted in the past, once with a stern warning from one of the moderators (not Bob) that if I continued I would be banned! When I say in the past, I am referring to the time before mid last year just before the FALFILES let Gary's dirty laundry out of the bag. As we all know, Gary set up key alliances in all the popular BB's (he's one hell of a good con is'nt he!).

The point I was trying to make was:

Don't just blindly follow the consensus of the day, and let's not forget how dangerous suppressing the truth can be.

It's sad to see the amount of damage that Gary inflected upon his victims (customers), the credibily of sites such as this, the Gunsmithing community, and the general trust in mankind!

Sorry if I offended you Bob, I should have been more clear.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#28]
postban, all who were harmed, I had no involvement but as a lover of fine weapons looking at the first pictures and then the second is painful.  Maybe, just maybe, there will be adequate justice.  Eventually.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top