Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/10/2005 1:06:46 PM EDT
After reading all of the posts poo-pooing the WASR I wanted to see if any of them were true. I went to the range today and found that my AK fired every round flawlessly. It spit them out no problem. I was able to sight it in fairly easily and there was no trigger slap. The only thing I did to it was change out the wood for a folding stock and Galil handguard. I will admit that I had to really work the windage sight adjustment but it's all worked out now and I am so very happy with my little AK. So for everyone that said that the WASR-10 is a crappy rifle I will tell you that I am very impressed with it for what it is, a battle rifle. BTW for what it's worth I bought mine from AIm Surplus.

I can understand the dark side a lot better now.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#1]
how many rounds did you run through?

welcome to the dark side- it'll catch you and wont let go.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I only ran about 60 rounds because I was limited. i was only trying to sight the rifle in. I also had an AR-15 that I was trying to solve an ammo/feed issue (which got solved today).  But it ran flawlessly. I am afraid that I might need a 12-step program for my AK addiction!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool man!

They're the best cheap "assault rifle" on the market.

I'm glad you were not dissuaded by the flak you read about these..

Welcome!
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah it never ceases to amaze me that even in an AK forum you will find a snob or two. I mean when I bought the rifle I read so much flak about how "crappy" these AK's were and I got to tell you. My AK came with
No Barrel slant
No Trigger slap
No problems with the mag well
No Problems what so ever.

The ONLY thing I had to contend with was getting that front sight windage pin to move and all I did was let it sit in some pentrating oil and work it out. Then I decided to change the wood that it came with and replaced it with a folding stock, slip-on rubber cushion, and Galil handguard. And now it shoots pretty damn good! It's not as accurate as my AR I will grant you that but with iron sights do you really need to use the AK farther than 200 Meters?

Now I am contemplating whether to put a scope on it and/or a red dot. Still wondering on that one.h.gif
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#5]
i hear there is a wonderful 12 step program.
it just involves buying a new ak at every step :(
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Wasrs love the range!

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the dark side.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top