Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/10/2005 1:06:46 PM EDT
After reading all of the posts poo-pooing the WASR I wanted to see if any of them were true. I went to the range today and found that my AK fired every round flawlessly. It spit them out no problem. I was able to sight it in fairly easily and there was no trigger slap. The only thing I did to it was change out the wood for a folding stock and Galil handguard. I will admit that I had to really work the windage sight adjustment but it's all worked out now and I am so very happy with my little AK. So for everyone that said that the WASR-10 is a crappy rifle I will tell you that I am very impressed with it for what it is, a battle rifle. BTW for what it's worth I bought mine from AIm Surplus.

I can understand the dark side a lot better now.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 2:27:08 PM EDT
how many rounds did you run through?

welcome to the dark side- it'll catch you and wont let go.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:43:05 PM EDT
I only ran about 60 rounds because I was limited. i was only trying to sight the rifle in. I also had an AR-15 that I was trying to solve an ammo/feed issue (which got solved today). But it ran flawlessly. I am afraid that I might need a 12-step program for my AK addiction!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:26:57 PM EDT
Cool man!

They're the best cheap "assault rifle" on the market.

I'm glad you were not dissuaded by the flak you read about these..

Welcome!
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:02:06 AM EDT
Yeah it never ceases to amaze me that even in an AK forum you will find a snob or two. I mean when I bought the rifle I read so much flak about how "crappy" these AK's were and I got to tell you. My AK came with
No Barrel slant
No Trigger slap
No problems with the mag well
No Problems what so ever.

The ONLY thing I had to contend with was getting that front sight windage pin to move and all I did was let it sit in some pentrating oil and work it out. Then I decided to change the wood that it came with and replaced it with a folding stock, slip-on rubber cushion, and Galil handguard. And now it shoots pretty damn good! It's not as accurate as my AR I will grant you that but with iron sights do you really need to use the AK farther than 200 Meters?

Now I am contemplating whether to put a scope on it and/or a red dot. Still wondering on that one.h.gif
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:51:07 AM EDT
i hear there is a wonderful 12 step program.
it just involves buying a new ak at every step :(
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:30:10 AM EDT
Wasrs love the range!

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:31:29 AM EDT
Welcome to the dark side.
Top Top