Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2009 6:31:13 PM EDT
I know it goes against convention, but moving to a ban state and that is the only way to bring it in.  Anyone know if I can put a Nato length fixed stock on gun and remove the folder and block without molesting the gun.  I really like the gun mine seems to have no issues and shoots well.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:46:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd just weld the pin on the inside so it won't push it, in effect making the stock fixed.  One of my buddies in MI had it done on his 106cr.  This could be reversed if you ever move out of the ban state.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Well maybe that is the best solution.  So he welded the plunger on the left hand side of the receiver that releases the stock?  Somehow that  sounds pretty permanent.  I'll look into it.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well maybe that is the best solution.  So he welded the plunger on the left hand side of the receiver that releases the stock?  Somehow that  sounds pretty permanent.  I'll look into it.  Thanks

You remove the plunger spring and spring pin first, then tack-weld plunger inside the receiver on the left side to rear trunion with stock locked in place. Few seconds with dremel, and you back to folding stock. Do not weld outside!
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 4:05:17 AM EDT
[#4]
That makes sense.  I really like the gun and leaving it at a friends house while we live there is a pain.  Thanks for the input.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top