Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Page AK-47 » SKS
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2008 4:26:24 PM EDT
I know that an SKS isn't the perfect assault rifle, but I'm trying to make mine a lil more efficient, besides a 5 shot group smaller than a lung or head at over 100yrds is good enough. Done a few mods, including using removable mags. i really like my 20 rd Tapco polymer mags, their very reliable, well made, and even under 20 bucks from CTD.

I would love to use them with my SKS to their full potential. Has anyone ever heard of a product you could buy and install to be able to lock your bolt back manually so you can put a mag into the rifle without having to hold the bolt back at the same time. Or perhaps has someone tried there own remedy to achieve this. I would also be open to a way to load and remove mags while the bolt is forward.  

James
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:23:28 PM EDT
Sorry, can't help you with your search but would like to know the same thing.  I have been considering converting one of my SKSs to use the Tapco mags.  I wasn't aware that it wouldn't hold the bolt open when empty.  Hmmmmm
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:35:26 PM EDT
the mag will hold your bolt open after you fire your last round, but i don't want that to be the only time i can easily load another mag. Oh and during a jam or misfire i would really like to just lock the bolt back while clearing and inspecting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:41:02 AM EDT
You can do the Bolt Mod  which will allow you to remove the Tapco mag. with the bolt open or closed.

www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=f902030bed009dbfe640057866bd65df&topic=23876.msg273958#msg273958
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:10:37 PM EDT
Awesome link, looks like it should work out quite well.

Thanks
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top