Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/26/2006 12:08:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 12:19:24 PM EST by Sidecarnutz]
This is the first time I've tried this with a photo. Hope I can make it work.
This is my Romy G stock set. I stripped the wood with EX Strip. Cleaned the residue with acetone and a rag. Gave it a light sanding next. Then I applied six coats of tung oil and a very light wet sanding with 2000 grit wet paper between coats. I think it came out pretty good. Much nicer than that heavy amber shellac the factory used.
My thanks for all the tips posted here! They helped a lot! (Edited a few times until I figured out how to make it work! )


Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:37:16 PM EST
Good work.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:01:11 PM EST
Looks purty. Keep that up and people will want them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:21:02 PM EST
Very nice. It will be a shame when you beat the hell out of that wood now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:50:50 PM EST
Top Top