Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/8/2002 9:18:39 PM EDT
Hey all

I have a Norinco MAK90 and it has some marks and scratches but the bore is still in great shape.  Also the action works perfectly.

My question is -

1. Should I get some one to refinish the MAK90 and install the legal pistol grip and stock set? (and of course according to the current laws & I personally don't like the thumbhole stock on it)

2. Or just buy a SAR variants (probably a SAR 2)?

The both options would probably be about the same price, redoing the MAK90 + installing the stock/pistol set or just buying SAR 2.

What do you think?

I've learned that SAR 2 (thanks to the members of AR15) but don't want to see my MAK90 doing nothing in the safe with marks and scratches on it.  

It'd be perfect if I could do both but I've already spend $$$ last month to buy 2 rifles and a handgun.

If I'd go with redoing the MAK90, who is the best to ask??

Thanks in advance.

PS) By the way, Hesse offers a new line up. The Hegals, the Hesse version of Galil.  Does anyone have any idea of this thing??  They look good to me though
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 3:40:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#2]
No one has seen the hegal yet.  

I'd refinish the MAK if you want a 7.62 gun.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#3]
What Campy and Ugh said.  I actually think the Chinese rifles are a wee better built than the Romanian SAR series.

As for Hesse.........I honestly can't remember ANYONE who I respect in terms of firearms knowledge EVER having anything good to say about them......they are unadulterated pieces of shit and the only reason that they are still in business is Century Arms.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Seriously I have two MAK90's i keep one brand new and the other I used it ALOT I tell you this, i had these guns for about 10 years; NEVER EVER fired the new gun; the shooter i use had never ever had a single part put in this gun and I had taken less care of this gun than the other's I had. just because they put a shithole stock on a fine Ak does not mean crap, ditch the stock and get all the legal hardware to refurbish it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top