Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/15/2004 3:51:29 PM EST
What is everyone doing to make the RSA fcg retaining plate work with the misplaced safety hole on the OOW receivers?

Also, what is the little piece of tubing that comes with the TAPCO G2 fcg's for?

TIA!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:18:04 PM EST
The tubing is to keep it all together, assemble the parts and put the tube thru the holes install and put the pin in. As far as the FCG retainer I used the tapco one on my AK-74 build.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:27:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 2:29:22 AM EST by Hoploholic]
Thanks Jim. I thoguht that was the case but the tube was such a tight fit I thought it might be an adaptor or something. I did not want to tap it in as I would have to destroy it to get it out. Personally, I have a harder time getting the hammer with the spring in there than I do keeping the trigger and disconnector together.

If this is the retaining plate you used, it is a Redstar product. Did yours require no fitting? I was thinking of just deepening the middle notch so that the solid hole that the safety selector fits into would drop into place. The little part is not cheap though and I don't want to hack on it if there is another fix.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:47:10 PM EST
This is the one I used
Top Top