Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 4:58:09 AM EST
Anyone have any recommendations for a solid and reliable red dot scope for under $100 on a SHTF rifle (Vepr K)?

I've been reading positive comments on Tasco and Bushnells, but the Bushnells seem to have better warranties (lifetime with excellent customer service) any recommendations or ideas?

Aimpoints and trijicons are obviously top of the line, but I'm looking for something at a lower price but offering comparable reliability if possible.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:43:18 AM EST
Check out the Hakko TacPoint (Aimpoint clone). User reviews have been pretty good.
Tomac
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:13:48 PM EST
+1 on the Tacpoint. I haven't used it that much but it seems to be working out ok. You can find them from $85 to $129. I got mine from The Gun Source.

www.thegunsource.com/shopping_viewproduct.aspx?idproduct=41388

Here is what they look like:
www.nightvisionweb.com/tacpoint.htm

If you look in the ar side of the board in the optics section there have been several pissing matches about the tacpoint vs. aimpoint. They are not aimpoints and never claimed to be. For the price the glass is clear. I have one on my M4 and have put about 300-400 rounds and it has held zero. These are made in China it that makes any difference to you, for your price range I think they all will be.

I will get an aimpoint eventually and the tacpoint will move to one of my aks.
Top Top