Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 2:09:55 PM EDT
I'm wanting to rent or buy some 'AK' movies for good study of the gun in action.
Guessing that 'Red Dawn' would have an abundance of AK's in it, what other movies would be good to look for?

BTW, I went to the gunshow today and learned a bit more firsthand from a knowledgable guy at one of the tables.  Excellent source for parts and information.
I'm on my way to getting my 1st AK!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The Beast -- this is a movie about a Russian tank crew in Afghanistan.  It really rocks.

Rambo III has alotta AKs, too.

Black Hawk Down is another third-world blaster, but there's no happy ending.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
The Park Is Mine Starring Tommy Lee Jones..

He takes over Central Park in NYC to protest the treatment of Veterans.. Primary weapon is a AK. BTW this movie was the first time I ever saw a AK and fell in love with it..

P.S. If you find a copy on DVD let me know, I want one..
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Beast -- this is a movie about a Russian tank crew in Afghanistan.  It really rocks.

+ 1 THAT MOVIE ROCKS!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Park Is Mine Starring Tommy Lee Jones..

He takes over Central Park in NYC to protest the treatment of Veterans.. Primary weapon is a AK. BTW this movie was the first time I ever saw a AK and fell in love with it..

P.S. If you find a copy on DVD let me know, I want one..

This was a great movie but I have'nt seen it out anywhere in several years.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#8]
the James Bond movie "Goldeneye" has some excellent Krinkov action in it, plus some real and some faked (based on Chinese AKs) AK-74s.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a movie about a Spetsnaz unit in Checnya with a buttload of AK's. It's all in russian and kind of bad quality,  it was taped off of Russian TV. Very Graphic!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:34:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out "44 minutes, The North Hollywood Shootout"

Look like ADM-65's with Drum mags...

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm wanting to rent or buy some 'AK' movies for good study of the gun in action.

Libyan terrorists fire a full-auto AK at Michael J. Fox in his Delorean time machine in "Back to the Future".

If you like exotic, one of the Roger Moore James Bond movies (the one partially set in Albania) has at least one VZ58, fired by Warren Zevon's doppelganger.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:56:42 AM EDT
[#12]
WOLVERINES!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:11:20 AM EDT
[#13]
am i crazy or were the russians and cubans firing fal rifles during the last battle in red dawn??? i just watched it a couple weeks ago and noticed this.  
mp
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Rambo III has alotta AKs, too.

Black Hawk Down is another third-world blaster, but there's no happy ending.

you drank our BRAKE fluid!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#15]

am i crazy or were the russians and cubans firing fal rifles during the last battle in red dawn??? i just watched it a couple weeks ago and noticed this.
mp

I just watched the final battle on dvd (with the train scene in the snow), attack on com center. I didnt see any Fals - all Ak's in that scene.

one more time>

WOLVERINES!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#16]
The FAL's are used by the Cuban's in the battle where the comm. guy is up the pole and yells "Sniperisky!" or however they say it. When the grenade is rolled down the corrigated tin roof it lands on 2 or 3 Cubans with FALs.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#17]

The FAL's are used by the Cuban's in the battle where the comm. guy is up the pole and yells "Sniperisky!" or however they say it. When the grenade is rolled down the corrigated tin roof it lands on 2 or 3 Cubans with FALs.

Ahhh - different battle - but still.....

WOLVERINES!

Red Dawn was my favorite movie when I was youngin, I dressed up like Robbie (c. thomas howell) for Halloween and carried around a fake k and an rpg for 4 years in a row. I think this might have something to do with my gun additction now that I am an, ahem, adult
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ 1 THAT MOVIE ROCKS!!!

And its in the $5.95 rack at Walmart...

lol....

right next to "Showgirls" I believe
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#19]
How about NAVY SEALS....lots of AK's in that one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#22]
i would loe to see the park is mine again. haven't seen it in years
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:20:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ 1 THAT MOVIE ROCKS!!!

lol....

Which one did you buy?

lmao niether,

I picked up the Lonesome Dove series - one of the finest cinematic experiences out there....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ 1 THAT MOVIE ROCKS!!!

lol....

Cool!

"Showgirls" is worth $6 bucks.

BTW, I've never seen either of these two movies at my Walmart.

+1 on "Lonesome Dove" though. Great movie!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Another great movie was "The Wild Geese",no AKs but plenty of FALs and Uzis.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I will have to watch Red Dawn Again, but some of the RPD's and a few of the AK's were actually Finnish Valmets. My enduring question over the years has been: How did they slap the AKS-74's together? You can tell the mags have the 7.62 curve going. Never have found out the answer? Anyone here knowhinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I will have to watch Red Dawn Again, but some of the RPD's and a few of the AK's were actually Finnish Valmets. My enduring question over the years has been: How did they slap the AKS-74's together? You can tell the mags have the 7.62 curve going. Never have found out the answer? Anyone here knowhinking.gif
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top