Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/3/2012 12:57:35 PM EDT
Hi all,  I am new to the website and just bought my first AK about a week ago,  I have put a picatanny rail that will mount the scope on the top of the rifle and was wondering what would be a good choice for optics.   I was thinking about an EOtech with a magnifier.  I will try to post pics tonight.  It's a WASR 10 by the way.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I love Eotechs on my ARs, but pass on them for AKs.  Since they are designed to co-witness on an AR, they sit too high on an AK for my liking.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an Elcan on my AR now,  thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
The specific mount that you have, your budget for the optic, and your intended usage of the optic is info that people need to give an appropriate recommendation.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, my budget is $200-$300 used for general purpose/range. I would like something that can be used in conjunction with a magnifier as well if feasible. Here is a picture of the mount I have now.http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww227/shaun75/ak47mount.jpg Hopefully this will help
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#5]
You sound like a good candidate for a 1-4x variable, with or without illuminated reticle (up to you).
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Are there any name brands I should stay away from?  I would rather save my money and get something more, rather than buy something that will not last long.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
In your price range, I would certainly look at the Leatherwood CMR 1-4x24.  Can be had for right around $300 and offers very good bang for the buck.

Video Review

Pic of said scope on an AK:

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:33:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for the information and patience.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top