Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/18/2005 12:55:59 AM EDT
Bulgy 74 kit is gathering dust, so for Xmas, I figured I'd find someone to put it together for me. I'm thinking the Global/Armory 1mm receiver will be the base, but who can build it with a decent finish and not a years wait?

How's InRange doing these days?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:58:44 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ak-103.com Chris Butler at AK-USA does outstanding work. I highly recommend him.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:09:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Global Military Gunsmithing....Was a 2 week turnaround for me...
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:40:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Accepting new work around January or February. I currently have a build there with Troy, and have had great results from him before.

Quoted:

I considered Ken as well for this last build. He is very knowledgeable and courteous, but I passed at the very last instant due to the fact that he had no detailed photos of his work. Do you have any close-up photos of his work?

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Accepting new work around January or February. I currently have a build there with Troy, and have had great results from him before.

Quoted:

I considered Ken as well for this last build. He is very knowledgeable and courteous, but I passed at the very last instant due to the fact that he had no detailed photos of his work. Do you have any close-up photos of his work?

You are a smart man. I have learned this very valuable lesson. Not busting on GMS but getting detailed pics representative of the work (or better yet, seeing an actual build) will save you any potential headaches.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I just had him do the basic build on 2 AMD pistols...He charged me 125 each....I did not get them finished and haven't gotta around to it.

Somebody here surely has some detailed photos of a job by him.

The two AMD's were actually ones that I had started and screwed up. I sent them to him to correct.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.ak-103.com Chris Butler at AK-USA does outstanding work. I highly recommend him.

Hope your rich!

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
AZEX

HOlY SMOKES.........I feel violated by just reading the price for his KRINK buildshock.gif

"AZEX loves the little Krinkov. It's such a neat little gun and a hit with everyone who has
shot one.

We put our usual efforts into these and can build them as SBRs, or pistols,
or rifles. Only the Rifle versions are required to have US parts.

We are building legal Krinkov pistols on virgin recievers which have never been rifles
(per Federal Law)

A bit more challenging to build, we charge 600.00 dollars each,this price includes LABOR only and does not include any part, except for the proper rivets necessary to build the Krinkov.
Does include our usual extras, complete Parkote (sm) refinish, return shipping, and test target....

AND...we restore Cyrillic fire-control markings on the selector side. No extra charge!
."
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, krink builds are stupid expensive.  I just don't get it.. maybe there is something I'm missing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#10]
you have to cut the receiver for the folder hinge and latch and whatnot, probably some other stuff in there.  Derek does some nice builds and his parkote(gunkote over park) kicks ass.

however it is expensive, but he does warranty everything that he does.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#11]
In a sep thread, I posted some pics from GMG
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Wellco Arms has made some nice AK rifles for me.  He goes by Dinkydow here on the boards or you can find him on gunbroker under w.a.co.

I'm completely satisfied with the items I've bought directly off of gunbroker from him or the kits he's built for me.  

In this pic he built all but the top one

The Yugo he built me

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Redjacket
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I recommend Piece of History Firearms here in Tucson.  Mario has done some great work for me!  He specializes in the AK's and even marks the receivers with the proper Cyrillic markings.  Here's the site:

www.pieceofhistoryfirearms.com/
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Here are few I've used.

Magnum Gunsmithing

Ohio Rapid Fire

Ohio Rapid Fire (again)

Sledgehammer Arms
Note: Randy built a pair of these for me.  They look the same

Inrange is building a couple krinks for me - I heard great things about them.  JNEWT is building an aks74 for me - He is a great builder, but is leaving the business.

I guess for the Money, Time, Fit, finish my future RPK build is going over to Magnum.  I really, really like the tantal he built for me.  Just my two cents.  Most of the builders listed are great builders.  I think you received a 'do further research' on the one builder .  I suggest following that advice on whom ever you choose.

Good Luck.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Unless Wellco is subcontracting out his stuff, i wasn't impressed with the stuff i saw built by him about a year ago.  I haven't seen anything recently, so maybe he got better tooling and more practice.  However, i'd have reservations unless you saw more of his work first hand.

maybe QA has tightened up and i'm wrong.  i hope that's the case.

caspian

Quoted:
Wellco Arms has made some nice AK rifles for me.  He goes by Dinkydow here on the boards or you can find him on gunbroker under w.a.co.

I'm completely satisfied with the items I've bought directly off of gunbroker from him or the kits he's built for me.  

In this pic he built all but the top one
i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/Blitzgr10/AKGroup.jpg

The Yugo he built me

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/Blitzgr10/DSCN0560.jpg

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'm currently taking build work and actually have some Global 1.0s on the way to the shop after waiting on backorder since September.  Cost is $250 including a full refinish in Norrell's Moly Resin.  I don't charge more for Krinkov builds either, they aren't harder to build at all.  People just figure if you spent $700 on a parts kit you must be loaded and not care what you pay.

IM me if interested.  There are some pics on our webpage and I have more I can share if you want a close look.  Turnaround time right now is just over a month. We are low volume but I think high quality, and I test fire each build personally.  Who cares how pretty your gun looks if it doesn't work?

www.mcarms.com

Here's a Bugly build I just finished for MDN.  This is the Norrell's flat black.  The sidefolder is Romanian, he wanted this exact configuration.  The action is tight and still needs tweaked before I'm confident enough to send the build back to him.  Global 5.45 recievers are like this for some reason, they are tight around the center support.  That's why I test fire before I say "good enough" and send it to the owner.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/MolonLabe/MDNbulgy1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/MolonLabe/MDNbulgy2.jpg

Looks real good Duke.  Have any close ups of the rivit work?  Do you work on any other types?  uzi, g3, cetme, 1919?  Thanks, Travis
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I have had Mario at piece of history firerams do work for me. Always been happy.

www.pieceofhistoryfirearms.com
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top