Posted: 4/22/2007 10:16:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Curtis at akbuilder.com I think he has them.hock.gif
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]
not that I know of.  rails are typically installed after the flat is bent.  I can't even think of a way to bend the flat with the rails on...If you were in VA I'd let you use my spot welder for the  30 seconds it takes...perhaps UT hometown forum can help out...
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:08:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen guys weld the rails in before bending, but I don't much care for the idea.
They are locating the rails strictly by the center support hole. I'll only use the trunnion to locate the rails. Which can obviously only be done after the flat is bent and the trunnion installed.

Besides that a flat with the rails pre-installed, would probably be over the mythical "80%" point.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top