Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 8:37:53 AM EDT
Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I'm having a weird issue with the topcover/rear trunion/recoil assembally on my Yugo underfolder.  There seems to be some sort of hangup in the part of the rear trunion that holds the recoil assembally.  I understand that there is the pushbutton thing that holds the recoil assembally in place, but even when that is pushed in the recoil assembally doesnt slide easily.  It seems like the channel it slides through has been bent?  This makes it impossible to put the topcover back on, since the recoil assembally wont slide backwards to lock it in place.  Anyone dealt with this before?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like your rear trunnion is a little off (tilted).  Shave the botton of the your recoil spring.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Will that work on a Yugo one?  It has the stuff on the underside...?

Quoted:
Sounds like your rear trunnion is a little off (tilted).  Shave the botton of the your recoil spring.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Will that work on a Yugo one?  It has the stuff on the underside...?

Quoted:

I am not sure what you mean by "underside".

I am refering to what's in the red circle.  You may even have to grind the top of the trunnion a little also (where the red circle meets).

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
First make sure that the recoil spring is correct for the trunion..

I had one from a Bulgy that I had to grind the right corner(front) back to clear the button.

file a small portion off the bottom  as stated above.

Good luck
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#5]
It seems like I installed my rear trunion angled SLIGHTLY downward, and the recoil assembally is catching on the angled point.  I'm going to try grinding down the bottom of the recoil assembally (where Mills circled) to try and make it fit.  Thanks to everyone who responded/helped =)
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top