Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 11:45:53 AM EST
Where can I send a milled ATI ak 47 to get Re-barreled? It has a non chrome lined barrel and I would like to replace it with a chrome lined barrel.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:19:00 PM EST
You are better off keeping it as is, or selling it and getting an AK with a chrome lined bbl already on it IMO.

It's going to be a pain and a lot of money to swap a barrel on an AK.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:19:53 PM EST
Just shoot it with non corrosive ammo if possible, and keep it clean and forget about replacing the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:12:22 PM EST
Sounds good. But I noticed this barrel seems to get very dirty very fast compared to my chrome lined ak 47.

Also it's a PITA to clean compared to the chrome lined barrel. I always dread shooting this rifle for the aforementioned reasons.
Originally Posted By skidman:
Just shoot it with non corrosive ammo if possible, and keep it clean and forget about replacing the barrel.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:18:21 PM EST
There is nothing wrong with a non-chrome lined barrel even with corrosive unless you plan to be in Vietnam for a tour or two. Me personally with a milled ATI I wouldn't replace the barrel, I would sell it, use the barrel/install money and buy a original factory built one or a US receiver one with original chrome lined barrel if you can inspect it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:24:32 PM EST
Originally Posted By SGL_Shooter:
You are better off keeping it as is, or selling it and getting an AK with a chrome lined bbl already on it IMO.

It's going to be a pain and a lot of money to swap a barrel on an AK.

This
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:24:28 PM EST
If you want to get it replaced there are plenty of reputable gunsmiths around. You may want to go ahead and buy one of the Romanian barrels Apex has just to put away. Gunplumber does some great work as well as quite few others. Regardless of expense if it is what you are wanting then by all means send it off.
Top Top