AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 7:34:39 PM EDT
Assembled and with no finish:

After refinishing:

Compared to the "Real Deal"

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow I likey likey. How much for one of those bad boys?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Very Nice!  That makes me want to go ahead and build my AK74.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:45:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:52:54 AM EDT
[#4]
The Galil weapon system is awesome in my book, and I consider it the "cadillac" of AKs.  But some of the more knowledgeable members of this board have commented on its overall weight with a milled receiver as being too heavy....

We all know their is a *MAJOR* shortage of Galil Receivers...in fact, lots of luck finding one of the Postban IMI Receivers from two years ago.  The HeXXe "HEGAL" Receiver is questionable at best.  I've talked to a few gunsmiths who stated "it's junk, I won't touch it..."

Now we see a stamped OOW receiver being modified to work with the over abundance of Galil Kits on the market.  This seems to solve the weight problem and provide people with a solution for the missing Galil Receiver.  Now the question is "does the action cycle as smoothly as the original milled receiver?"

I'm interested.  I want to see it up close and handle for inspection.  Looking at this photo...yes, it needs a new front handguard.  Other than that, it looks like another great Rapid Fire cloned weapon.

KF
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:23:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm. Very interesting!

Now if they can get that dusty 5.56 Norinco kit of mine to run on Galil mags...

Keep us up to date, that's quite a spin on the original and far less pricey on the receiver end.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:31:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Wonder if the optic mounting plate can be moved forward.  In the normal location a Kobra would be located right where the rear Galil sight is.

Either was still cool!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Now we see a stamped OOW receiver being modified to work with the over abundance of Galil Kits on the market.  KF

Hello -- where's a good place to get a galil kit, and what is a decent price for one?  TIA
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Sweet.

IF the ban sunsets, Id build one.  I love my Galil, but it weighs more than my M4 Carbine with Aimpoint/RAS/9v Surefire/Vltor with spare batteries AND two mags clamped together.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sweet.

IF the ban sunsets, Id build one.  I love my Galil, but it weighs more than my M4 Carbine with Aimpoint/RAS/9v Surefire/Vltor with spare batteries AND two mags clamped together.

What's next? You gonna tell us your pussy hurts?

Take a lesson from this guy -->

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#10]
It looks good, but does it work?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sweet.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No, his tampon string is starting to chafe.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:20:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sweet.

Take some asprin then

Ive never believed that a .22 should weigh 10+ lbs, even if its a .223
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top