Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/4/2005 4:09:04 PM EDT
I made my first trip to a range with my Vector Underfolder today.  Started at 10 yards just to get a feel for the sights, but quickly moved the target (B27 silhouette in blue) back to the 25 yard line.  With my old eyes I either wear glasses that lets me get a focus on the front sight or glasses that lets me focus on the target, but I can't do both.  I opted for the glasses that lets me see the sight.

At 25 yards holding "center mass" I put one 30-round mag full of Wolf FJM into about a five or six inch diameter group.  I wasn't impressed with myself even though it's been at least nine years since I've shot any rifles.  So, hoping that it was that I didn't have a definitive aiming point on the target, I ran it back out to 25 yards (a little further actually, all the way out to the end of the rail) and held center of the neck parallel with the top of the shoulders.  Wow, what a difference!  All but a few of the next 30-round mag tore one ragged hole about 2 1/2" in diameter, centered about 1/2" left of my POA.  That, I can be happy with!  

I need to firm up a consistent cheekweld, get a sling, and have lots more practice, but I think I'm going to like this gun!

Just had to tell someone, 'cuz my wife doesn't know what I'm trying to show her!

Mike
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds really good!!! Pics would be good! I need to get to the range....if I don't go this weekend I think I'll have  some stress related problems next week! See Ya!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing makes me grin like emptying a mag, glad you like the AK.

Now get the wifey out to shoot it so she will understand you.  My trick was to use cheap soda as targets and then "race" to see who can hit more of them.  My wife loves it.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome To The Dark Side MoonDancer! Congrats on your first AK and a good range session.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top