Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 11/27/2014 11:16:18 AM EDT
This guys told me that he would not send me a new ak buffer when mine broke at 200 rounds. Guess what..the website says how it guarantees these blue pieces of shit for 5000 rounds. Mine was cracked and broken way before that so I emailed him and alls he had was questions like "Where did you buy it from" So I told him and he said that I had to go to them to get my replacement, so I did and they told me to contact the original maker of this gem of a product. If your eotech breaks do you go to raineer arms to get a replacement or do you call Eotech? When your Bravo Company ar breaks down do you call rainneer arms to get it replaced or do you call BCM? If I owned a business such as Blackjack buffers I would not think twice about sending a buffer to someone who said that theres broke at 200 rounds. If it broke that soon and I guaranteed it for 5000 I would immediatly wonder why it broke so soon and try and figure out if I needed to make my product better, not question the guy and jack him around.

Thanks Randy for backing up your product. Its businesses like yours that give good gun companies a bad rap.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:30:28 AM EDT
Shane, I actually was in the middle of writing you an email telling you I would replace the buffer when I got your email telling me you had already posted a bad review here. This is Thanksgiving day and I have a few other things to do other than sit by my computer to immediately respond to your emails. It seems to me you really wanted to tell the world what a lousy product I sell so 20 minutes after you threatened to post a bad review if I didn't send you a replacement you made your post here.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:33:12 AM EDT
No it was not 20 minutes, it was about 20 seconds. I dont want your buffer. Dont try and be all nice now that you are in public. You werent about to do shit. Your email said "Well go to them for a replacement" You werent about to replace anything.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:34:08 AM EDT
OP, you really need to pump the breaks. Why did you even want your buffer replaced if you said they were stupid anyway?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:36:53 AM EDT
Its the principal of the thing. Not the 10 dollar part. I have never had any troubles with anybody anywhere anytime as far as gun companies go. If something breaks outside the guarantee I dont go whining about getting replacements but if it says in BOLD letters "Gaurateed for 5000 rounds" I am going to ask about a new one when mine broke at 200 rounds. It is very irritating. You had me take a picture of the buffer, so I did and sent it to you via email then you tell me to go somewhere else to get a replacement. Wow. Keep your buffer and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:39:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2014 1:33:15 PM EDT by astrafire]
"Where did you buy it from"

Hmmm, is it even the slightest bit possible that the blackjack guy wanted to make sure it was his before he shipped you something for free? Just ask'n.

ETA: There are also maybe reseller agreements in play. For example, JackHenrysRockBottom.com gets a sweetheart reseller deal from blackjack guy for a guaranteed sales volume and being responsible for the warranties. Typically, the original supplier will still honor the warranty but will first want information to turn around and ding JackHenrysRockBottom.com.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:42:11 AM EDT
IBTL

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:45:39 PM EDT
I always find it amusing when someone tries to post a bad review but are so irrational in the process that, even w/o intervention by the intended target, it is actually a good review.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:54:14 PM EDT
I thought we finally convinced you not to run a buffer in the first place?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:57:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/27/2014 1:01:29 PM EDT by LettersFromEarth]
Why do so many of the OP's posts turn into a train wreck? While I don't believe in a "need" for a buffer in an AK (at least in mine), I'm now contemplating buying one from Blackjack due to this thread. Happy Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:00:51 PM EDT
Buffer are a solution looking for a problem. I wouldn't have wasted my time doing anything other than removing it and shaking the broken pieces out of the weapon.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:52:42 PM EDT
That escalated quickly.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:56:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BigSaiga1987:
This guys told me that he would not send me a new ak buffer when mine broke at 200 rounds. Guess what..the website says how it guarantees these blue pieces of shit for 5000 rounds. Mine was cracked and broken way before that so I emailed him and alls he had was questions like "Where did you buy it from" So I told him and he said that I had to go to them to get my replacement, so I did and they told me to contact the original maker of this gem of a product. If your eotech breaks do you go to raineer arms to get a replacement or do you call Eotech? When your Bravo Company ar breaks down do you call rainneer arms to get it replaced or do you call BCM? If I owned a business such as Blackjack buffers I would not think twice about sending a buffer to someone who said that theres broke at 200 rounds. If it broke that soon and I guaranteed it for 5000 I would immediatly wonder why it broke so soon and try and figure out if I needed to make my product better, not question the guy and jack him around.

Thanks Randy for backing up your product. Its businesses like yours that give good gun companies a bad rap.
View Quote

14'ers gonna 14
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:13:04 PM EDT
So much drama...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:24:07 PM EDT
Have a great Thanksgiving Randy!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:24:11 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Liquidmetal:
So much drama...
View Quote

And over a buffer.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:24:17 PM EDT
The ones made by Buffer Technologies are much better quality. 10 years old & still looks new. GARY
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:03:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By evlblkwpnz:
Buffer are a solution looking for a problem. I wouldn't have wasted my time doing anything other than removing it and shaking the broken pieces out of the weapon.
View Quote

THIS !!! I have 1 AK47 and 5 AKM,s and none of them have or ever needed a buffer ..... instead of using a buffer just replace the recoil spring with one from wolff ...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:31:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By POLYTHENEPAM:

And over a buffer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By POLYTHENEPAM:
Originally Posted By Liquidmetal:
So much drama...

And over a buffer.

That probably doesn't cost more than $20...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:33:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Emegbers:
I thought we finally convinced you not to run a buffer in the first place?
View Quote

Guess not. But I bet he won't run a buffer now.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:56:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NATIONALIST:

THIS !!! I have 1 AK47 and 5 AKM,s and none of them have or ever needed a buffer ..... instead of using a buffer just replace the recoil spring with one from wolff ...
View All Quotes

Some guns are way overgassed to the point that a stronger spring and buffer isnt gonna help. Just because some of you havent ran across it doesnt mean it dosnt happen. A buffer that broke after 200 sure sounds like a WAY overgassed gun to me. Seller should have just sent out another buffer when he got the old one back so he could check his own product. Not pass the buck and cause drama over such a cheap part. The question of where the OP got it doesnt matter if the seller really is a stand up guy. Now go suck on that turkey leg. :)
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:39:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:
That escalated quickly.

View Quote

I know right
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:03:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ARsR4ME:

Some guns are way overgassed to the point that a stronger spring and buffer isnt gonna help. Just because some of you havent ran across it doesnt mean it dosnt happen. A buffer that broke after 200 sure sounds like a WAY overgassed gun to me. Seller should have just sent out another buffer when he got the old one back so he could check his own product. Not pass the buck and cause drama over such a cheap part. The question of where the OP got it doesnt matter if the seller really is a stand up guy. Now go suck on that turkey leg. :)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ARsR4ME:

From our collective experiences here on the tech forum with this particular individual I can tell you, nothing would appease the OP.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:26:20 PM EDT
If I was Blackjack I would have just sent a new buffer. Probably cost less than $1 to make in bulk.

Originally Posted By ARsR4ME: A buffer that broke after 200 sure sounds like a WAY overgassed gun to me.
View Quote

Everyone spent a week trying to convince him the rifle was not over gassed and the receive peening was normal, Maybe it actually has a overgas problem?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:05:32 AM EDT
I think what happened was I ran the rifle for 2000+ rounds without the buffer then tried it and the sharp peened edges on the rear trunnion caused the buffer to crack. I am just all over the place with this buffer thing, some people tell me not to use one because it wasnt designed with one (the ak) but coming from an ar world the peening on the rear trunnion just makes me feel un easy but the bolt isnt peening it just has shinney spots where it contacts the rear trunnion. I hear all aks are overgassed and even running an extra power recoil spring it still hits the trunnion but its a russian ak and all the other saigas i have ever seen shoot either run a buffer or the rear trunnion is peened. Maybe the parts are work hardened now and it wont get worse, I just cant imagine the rifle lasting long hitting like this but then again i am new to aks and dont know the nature of them so...ya.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:05:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:05:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/28/2014 1:05:56 AM EDT by dryflash3]
System Message
Top Top