Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 5:52:05 PM EDT
I was taking off my folder and putting on a fixed stock and once i pulled the folder out of the rear tang, the button mechanism fell out. I started looking at it and I see two places for pins to go to hold it in place. The first one is on the inside holding the button to the cylinder that keeps the folder from moving- I've got that pin still. The second is on the outside of the folder that keeps the button from just falling out, and that pin is missing. Without this pin there isn't anything to keep the spring tight and keep tension on the button to make it spring back up and shut. The hole is pretty small and I'm clueless as to what to put in there to fix the folder. at least, that is how the folder seems to work as I look at it and try and guess from appearances. makes me filly silly after all this time of looking at it, I've never bothered to look at how it worked.

any ideas how to fix this?
I'm hoping for any ideas besides "get another folder" as I'm tight on cash and that isn't much of an option for me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Try to post a photo or two of where the pins go.

You can also take it with to Ace Hardware to try to find roll or solid pins that will fit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]

there are two pictures i snapped right quick, i labeled the holes that line up in one picture and left the other one blank. Any idea how the spring is loaded in the folder assuming I find a pin that works? Where would i begin looking in the hardware store for a pin that small?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]
hm. nothing?

well this is going to get interesting.

could someone who has a folder look (or take a picture preferablely) of the spring and how it is hooked up for me so I can try and figure out how to get this to work again?

basically, i just need to know : Should the spring just press down on the back of the lever to keep the front up and locking the folder in place?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top