Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2003 2:02:15 PM EDT
hello, i put this here cause there may be no difference in how these parts go in.
that being said, i have a pmkms polish barrelled reciever i just got back from independence arms in texas, where the rivets were installed. all is ready for the trigger group, etc. my question is this, does one tap the pins in past the little divot, or is the hole in the reciever itself too small and needs drilling? i don't want to force the pin and ruin the reciever. please help! randy
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Couple of guesses about what your problem is. First, the pins should slide right in without difficulty. YOU SHOULD NOT NEED TO TAP THEM IN. That being said your problem is likely related to your hammer spring and the tension it puts on the hammer, etc. Lift the hammer spring lengths over the hammer and leave there while replacing pin.
The other possibility is that your retainer/sheperds hook is obstructing the pin. If that is the case let us know.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
THIS IS GONNA SOUND CRAZY, BUT I GOT IT ALL TOGETHER, ONLY HAD TO TAKE IT APART A FEW TIMES. I HAD TO CUT THE COIL FROM THE FULL-AUTO RETAINER SPRING, GENTLY GRIND JUST A TAD FROM THE END OF THE TWO PINS, THEY WENT IN RATHER EASILY. NOT TOO FAR REMOVED FROM THE SEVERAL AR-15 LOWERS I'VE PUT TOGETHER. WHAT SUPRISED ME WAS THE "GUNSMITHING" I HAD TO DO TO GET THE SELECTOR SWITCH INSTALLED AND FUNCTIONAL. THE SWITCH FROM THE SAR 1 WOULDN'T EVEN BEGIN TO GO IN, BUT I USED THE SAR 1 AS A TEMPLET OF SORTS TO ACCOMPLISH ALL THE ASSEMBLY WORK. WITH THE BLUED RECIEVER, THIS POLISH PMKMS LOOKS LIKE A MILLION BUCKS! LASTLY, MY U.S. MADE TRIGGER WOULDN'T RETAIN THE HAMMER, SO IN WENT TO ORIGINAL, ONE LESS 922R COMPONENT, BFD! THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, RANDY
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top