Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 2:34:25 AM EDT
Will a rear AK47 sight work on an AK74?  I know that it can actually be fitted on the AK74, but will the ballistic elevation gradients on the AK47-7.62 work with the 5.45 round of the AK74? In other words, for example, will the 500 meter gradient of the AK74 sight place a 5.45 round on a 500 meter target?  This is perhaps something I will have to experiment with at the range, but if anyone else has tried this it could save me alot of time an effort. THANKS
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:08:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I will reply to my own post.  I was on the phone yesterday with some of Arsenal Inc's technical people.  They said that an AK 47  rear sight will fit on their SLR 105 (AK74). However, the ballistic gradients on the rear sight will be off.  Please excuse the fact that this appears to be blatantly obvious.  I had a tirtium AK47 rear sight that I wanted to use.  My next step is ti get a Krebs Custom AK74 rear "peep" sight. My ressearch indicates that there is no AK74 rear tritium sight currently available.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont think the sight matters its the gradient of the ramp the sight sits on.

Dont vepr's come with exact same RPK sight for both their 5.45 and 7.62 model.

I personally dont think it matters.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top