Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/30/2011 8:26:25 PM EDT
Will this brand new Romanian7.62x39  barrel be a good one for a Izhmash 69' AKM build?  Gas ports need to still be drilled, and keyways need to still be cut.

Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Likely given the Romanians used Russian AKM's as the pattern for their own. However I'd just buy a SAR 1 and un-ban it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Went ahead and bought a Romanian barrel from Bones22 actually.  It should be perfect!  He had one extra one, and for $110 shipped that can't be beat!
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Went ahead and bought a Romanian barrel from Bones22 actually.  It should be perfect!  He had one extra one, and for $110 shipped that can't be beat!

You shouldn't have any problems with the Romanian barrel, and it's correct for your AKM (maybe not country of origin but it is the right pattern).  I am really looking forward to the pictures of your 3 kits as the builds progress.  Good luck to you!
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You shouldn't have any problems with the Romanian barrel, and it's correct for your AKM (maybe not country of origin but it is the right pattern).  I am really looking forward to the pictures of your 3 kits as the builds progress.  Good luck to you!

Thank you very much.  I got the Romanian barrel for the AKM now from the member here (Bones22), and am mailing an order for the Bluejack v3 barel for the Krink, and I think I found a perfect pulled Bulgarian new barrel for the AK-74.  Hopefully I'll have all of the barrels in my possesion in the next week or two, then I just need to order three RedStar trigger groups and wait for the receivers to get done.  Should only be a month for those I was told.  I can't wait either.  Thanks, and happy new year!

Link Posted: 1/1/2012 4:10:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Not sure about the Izmash, but all my Tula trunnions have been on the loose side. Got 2 kits from Atlantic and my Romanian barrels are a slip fit. Tula krink and Bulgarian barrel same same. Not a big deal, you can get the barrel knurled to fit.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 4:32:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Went ahead and bought a Romanian barrel from Bones22 actually. It should be perfect! He had one extra one, and for $110 shipped that can't be beat!

You shouldn't have any problems with the Romanian barrel, and it's correct for your AKM (maybe not country of origin but it is the right pattern). I am really looking forward to the pictures of your 3 kits as the builds progress. Good luck to you!

Thank you very much. I got the Romanian barrel for the AKM now from the member here (Bones22), and am mailing an order for the Bluejack v3 barel for the Krink, and I think I found a perfect pulled Bulgarian new barrel for the AK-74. Hopefully I'll have all of the barrels in my possesion in the next week or two, then I just need to order three RedStar trigger groups and wait for the receivers to get done. Should only be a month for those I was told. I can't wait either. Thanks, and happy new year!

I'm doing the same thing with one of the "Bulgarian" kits from Atlantic, which are really Russian AKM kits. Mine is a 1970 Tula and am using a Romanian barrel I bought from Bones22 as well. Got an NDS-1 reciever on order and will have it built very soon. Be sure to post pics when you're done. The whole barrrel ban is just the dumbest thing, along with 922r.

Link Posted: 1/1/2012 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Just an FYI

Link Posted: 1/1/2012 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just an FYI

Thanks!  I just ordered my Bulgarian AK-74 barrel from there.  Thanks for the link!  Now I just need trigger groups and receivers to come in the mail to really get the ball rolling.

Link Posted: 1/1/2012 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just an FYI

Thanks!  I just ordered my Bulgarian AK-74 barrel from there.  Thanks for the link!  Now I just need trigger groups and receivers to come in the mail to really get the ball rolling.

No problem, ive bought from these guys a few times. Its hard to find them under a search on google. They are good to go
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just an FYI

No problem, ive bought from these guys a few times. Its hard to find them under a search on google. They are good to go

Great to hear!  Is Bones22 also legit?  I bought that AKM Romanian barrel from hm already without doing much research on the seller b/c of the cheap price.

Link Posted: 1/1/2012 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just an FYI

Great to hear!  Is Bones22 also legit?  I bought that AKM Romanian barrel from hm already without doing much research on the seller b/c of the cheap price.

Not a clue, has 1 positive feedback saying Good to go, so i guess thats better than nothing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just an FYI

Just ordered their last Bulgarian AK47 barrel for my Bulgarian milled AK project Will be ordering one of their AK74 barrels soon.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just an FYI

Just ordered their last Bulgarian AK47 barrel for my Bulgarian milled AK project Will be ordering one of their AK74 barrels soon.

Atlantic has the same AK74 barrel for $145
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just an FYI

Atlantic has the same AK74 barrel for $145

Well damn it...looks like I spent $40 too much.  Oh well.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:37:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just an FYI

The Bulgy barrel I recieved is strange! The FSB and gas block in my Bulgy milled AK kit are way too big for the barrel! There is several thousandths between the barrel and parts. So much so they wobble in place And the barrel is not threaded. Is this an SLR-95 barrel, would that make a difference?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#16]
I have made some measurements and compared them with other I found online and it seems this barrel is set up for Bulgarian AK74 FSB and gas chamber. The FSB diameter of the barrel is .671" and the gas chamber section is .692" with a 90 hole, both of these corrispond with the AK74 specs as well as the 90 degree hole.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top