Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 2:40:45 AM EDT
I picked up in a trade a Russian SKS, all matching numbers and unfired. I am not up on these but it appears not to be re arsenaled. Has the Reddish stock and blade bayonet in the white. Bolt is in the white. Any opinions on its value? thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:20:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of these about '93ish. NIB for about $125. From what I hear today they are in the $350ish range give or take. I have enough other SKS's so I can just pass this one on to my son one day.
It sure is a great piece of Soviet history.
KILO OUT
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:09:45 AM EDT
[#2]
The price also depends on the arsenal and the year it was made.  Those are usually stamped on the receiver cover.

Yeah, everyone says $300 to $350, but they are actually selling in the $200 to $250 range.

I have a 52' Tula.  Hardwood stock, polished bolt, blued metal and shiney bayonet.  I can't find any rearsenal stamp marks on mine.  I paid too much as I didn't know enough about SKS' at the time.  However I am very happy with the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:25:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#5]
The polished bolt carrier is OEM.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies. The Bolt and carrier are in the white and the stock has only one crossbolt. serial is 5274 with 2 Russian letters in front and 1 at the end. One of the SKS sites that we have a link to here on our site said in the white bolts and carriers are original. This is a very pretty piece and I am not selling her but I was curious to its value, I traded a $275 item for it.  thanks guys- Gene
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top