Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/22/2003 11:03:09 PM EST
I notice alot of you have Ak's built, Im interested in having a Krinkov SBR built, Can I just buy one already built? And do these require a special permit because of the short barrel? I looked at Inranges Website, and they have some nice pics of Krinks they built for customers. Also who makes the best parts kit and receivers for a Krink? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 1:13:27 AM EST

I’m still trying to figure some of the specific Krinkov stuff myself, but I might be able to help you out with some of the rules and regs.

A rifle with a barrel under 16-inches or less than 26-inches is considered a shortbarreled rifle (SBR) according to the National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA). being an SBR it is going to be subject to the $200 tax either a “making” tax or a “transfer” tax.

If you purchase a non NFA weapon/receiver complete the ATF Form 1 and attain approval, you can “manufacture” it into an SBR or a Class II manufacturer can do it for you.

If you purchase one from a Class II manufacturer or anybody else, you’re going to have to have it transferred into you state (unless it’s already there) and then have your local Class III dealer transfer it to you on an ATF Form 4. Probably a longer wait and the same $200. If you buy a registered weapon from another individual in another state you’re looking at transfer from seller to his local dealer +$200, transfer from sellers dealer to your dealer, then transfer from your dealer to you +$200. a long time and $400 later you’ll have a rifle. I’d just go the route of the Form 1.

I am going to go the route of the form 1. I need to find a receiver either from a donor rifle or a stripped receiver, register it and then have it built into an SBR. I just don’t know what I’m going to start with; what kinda rifle or stripped receiver. Starting with a complete rifle is kinda neat as you’ll be able to shoot it while you’re waiting for your paperwork from the ATF instead of having a receiver sitting in the safe. The down side to this is that now you’re going to take a fine rifle and replace most of the good parts on it. I’ve been thinking about this though; if I get two alike rifles, build one into a Krinkov and have some spare parts for the other rifle. Ta Da… Back to the first question, which weapon do you start with and which kit to get?

Hope this helped a little.

Best regards, J
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 6:53:09 PM EST
Thanks for the info J, I didn't realize all the baggage that comes with getting a Krink, more then I want to have to deal with or spend right now. Maybe later on, until then Im still paying on A FAL and then I'll probably get a SAM7S. Take care!
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:53:06 PM EST

I didn’t mean to run you off.

It may appear complicated but it isn’t all that difficult using a Form 1 and doing it yourself. It’s an extra $200 per weapon but you’ll have the coolest weapon on the block… I’ve done a few and intend on doing several more. It’s something different and somewhat original, much more sophisticated than the average blaster…

Best regards, J
Top Top