Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 8:45:12 AM EDT
I have a SAR-3 I'm entertaining putting my SWR Specwar -2 can on.

I'd need to thread the barrel in 1/2x28 and instal a SWR bilock. no big deal really

anybody done this?

I posted over on sturmgewehr and someone mentioned that you may not get good suppression out of a AK? This true or rumor?

any thoughts?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#1]
AAC has some threaded for both AK styles
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#2]
The physics behind it say, if you bullet is still supersonic, you will get a sonic boom. So the best silencer will still make it sound like a 22 long rifle.

what is the maximum caliber your silencer is good for?

The smaller the maximum caliber, the better the silencer will work on a 22 caliber.

say, a 45 silencer will not work as good as a 9mm silencer on a 22 caliber.

but since you are talking about a supersonic round anyways, it doesn't realy make any difference.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think J-L was asking about suppressors b/c he already has one for a .223.  He was asking IF anyone had done this yet.  As far as I know, no.  So please let us know how it works out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The only suppressed AK's I've seen were military 74's with some sort of suppressed grenade launcher also attached.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#5]
SEI has developed Vortexes for the AKM/AK47 and AK74/100 series.  these will go principally to military units with requirements for suppressed AK's.  A small number will be available for civilians.  The suppressors are developed jointly by SEI and Fisher Enterprise, Inc.  Expect to see the new NSN FH/suppressor interfaces at the '06 SHOT Show.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#6]
This is what I might possibly do in the future.  I've got an AAC M4-2000 on order for my AR and figure later on when I finally get an AK74, I can just get a second QD FS from AAC for the 74.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top