Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 12:34:25 PM EDT
Im going to do a Tantal next, I fold my own receivers, Is there something abou the safety on the Polish Tantal, and the Tapco flat reguarding the location of the hole or something like that?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
You should post in the "build it yourself" board...

Yes the safety hole is off.  You can't use the Tantal safety.  You can just use a standard AKM selector though.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Im going to do a Tantal next, I fold my own receivers, Is there something abou the safety on the Polish Tantal, and the Tapco flat reguarding the location of the hole or something like that?

I wouldn't use a flat for a tantal. I'd wait for DCI's Ak74 and AKM receiver that are coming out pretty soon or get in line for an armory.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
You can use a Ewbanks standard receiver for the Tantal build. My Tantal came finished up nice and the ejector is made for a 5.45 rifle. The trunion (front/rear) holes line up as well.

thanks,
Ron

BTW, here is mine...

ETA: I used a G2 trigger group with a Romy selector/safety lever because the factory one won't work
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top