Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 8:52:37 AM EDT
I want to buy an SKS but the only ones available here in Cali seem to be the Yugo's with the 'nade launcher tube on the end of the barrel.  

Do they come off ?

If so, should I take it off ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If I'm not mistaken the M59 without the GL is legal. Check out Samco. They are just like a regular SKS but are not Chrome lined.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Do they come off ?

Answer:  Linky

IMHO, I think the grenade launchers are worthless.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:52:13 AM EDT
[#3]
just get a 59, the 66 is pointless and you still have that crappy gas tube disconnect to deal with
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#4]
FWIW, I have a 59/66 and, while it is a bit longer than a bush gun should be, I would not trade it for two 59's.

See, my rifle shoots about 3" 100M groups with factory ammo. In semiauto mode.

But I discovered that, if I turned the gas system off, I could get groups closer to 2" with the same factory ammo.

Then I reloaded some of the factory brass and found that my SKS shoots MOA groups with those handloads.

But when I shoot semiauto, the best groups I can achieve are 2" or larger, regardless of the ammo used.

So that little valve does have a few things recommending it.

Besides, can YOUR SKS launch golf balls?!? ROFL
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

..............Besides, can YOUR SKS launch golf balls?!? ROFL

Good point !

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I took a good look at it today while at the gun shop.  

When I pick it up next tuesday I will take pics and post them.

Cali made them remove the 'nade launcher front end and replace it with a "covered" compensator.

Looks a lot like a "moderator" I used to see on short barreled M-16's ( GAU-5's/XM16E1's ).  

Interesting.  
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top