Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/18/2008 5:32:44 PM EDT
What kind of accuracy can I expect from the Lancaster under folder I just ordered. I know that AK's are not MOA rifles, more like minute of dinner plates, just curious though. I know their fit and finish are top notch from what I have read, so I was not sure if they do anything else to help in the accuracy department without messing with the functionality.

I ordered the Russian Red under folder, and called the next day and had them change the wood to the Bulgarian Blonde. I wasnt sure how much I would like the red. If anyone has pictures of there personal rifles in Red or Blonde I would appreciate it. I have seen the stock photos but I know it changes a bit from rifle to rifle.

Last question, is there a particular mag I should buy for this rifle. I need to pick up at least 10 hicaps and there are to many out there to choose from. I know there are some Lancaster owners out there who have had good and bad luck with certian mags. Also, where would be a good source for the choice mags. I am a FFL holder, so if there is a good source you know of that will cut me a break with dealer cost even better. I spoke to Mike at Lancaster and they have some for around $20 but I was just checking if there is anything else I should be looking at.

Thanks for any and all replys.

So come on guys, post some pictures please
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:58:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:09:01 AM EDT
I just got 10 mags from 44MAG here,

They are brand new, and fit my Lancaster just fine.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:58:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2008 11:01:07 AM EDT by Uberjager]
Mine just has plain wood on it, but here's a pic:

I love it. I've been feeding it ammo from Romanian and some other ak mags, and it hasn't hiccuped after 500 rounds. I can hit MOP(Minute Of Plate) groups at 100 yards.
You can get Romanian 30rounders from aim surplus for $9.95 each.(If you buy 10 at once they're $8.95 each.)
linky
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:17:32 AM EDT
Uberjager---- I havent seen any Lancasters without the bolt polished, I would prefer it be finished with the rest of the rifle, is that an option they give and if so, what the purpose of polishing.

Regarding the mags, I will take a look at all of them.

Thanks again and keep pictures and opinions coming.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:59:58 PM EDT
I purchased New Bulg. 30 round steel mags from Aim for $12.95. I was told they are new 2008 production mags with the poly followers but everything else is steel. They come in a plastic sealed bag very well lubed and are very nice. These mags fit my Lancaster UF with no problems.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:34:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dbltap45acp:
Uberjager---- I havent seen any Lancasters without the bolt polished, I would prefer it be finished with the rest of the rifle, is that an option they give and if so, what the purpose of polishing.
Regarding the mags, I will take a look at all of them.

Thanks again and keep pictures and opinions coming.

Polishing is just for looks. I got my Lancaster on Oct '07. IIRC at a gunshow they had both polished and non polished.(I got mine at a fun shop 3 days earlier.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:16:15 AM EDT
aim has brand new unused in the bag with grease on them bulgarian mags for 12.95 each. I bought a few of them and they are nice to say the least. I will be ordering more. RG. Copes has the 5 mags and a bag sale going on right now also for 44.95. I ordered some of those also but have not gotten them in yet. They will be used but I have bought regular used mags from them in the past and could barely tell the diff between some new ones and the used ones. RG
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:25:54 AM EDT
Here's my Russian Red from Lancaster
Top Top