Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/24/2006 3:56:24 PM EDT
Hey guys, just got a new SLR-105 A1R, pretty cool! Haven't shot it yet, hope to on Monday. Anyway, on the side of the reciever it say "SLR-105R"....why does it say that since my rifle is a 105 A1R? Was my rifle a 105 post-ban that was converted? Not a bid deal, just curious.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:22:26 PM EDT
No, its an A1. For some reason they are only marked SLR-105 or 105R. You would think there would be a marking of some kind indicating the A1 models.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:38:31 PM EDT
...From my research...If your receiver is stamped "Made in Bulgaria"...then, your rifle came into the country as a "sporter" aka SLR 105...After that, all the desirable features were added in the USA. It is a very nice rifle. I am getting 1 soon from the local fun shop . If possible, can you post a pic ? Let us all share in the joy of a new rifle
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:44:55 PM EDT
I was curious as to how these arrived. So what constitutes the original "sporter" configuration? It did arrive as a complete rifle with a Bulgarian made receiver? I've read Arsenals web site, but I still don't fully understand where it was made. Please share.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:29:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 11:32:35 PM EDT by JAR420]
I just bought one myself. Yes, it did arrive with the original Bulgarian stamped 5.45 receiver, they are brought in with a thumbhole type stock, which Arsenal USA then replaces with a K-Var U.S. stock set and changes out the fire control group to make it compliant.

These are as close as you can get to a real Ak-74 type rifle. They're excellent and authentic, sure to increase in value. Good purchase!!!

Mine is outstanding!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:26:01 AM EDT
...JoeBud....They came in as Non-military rifles: UGLY thumbhole stock, LoCap Mag, No front-End Threads, and no bayonet lugs. As posted above, Arsenal USA then reconfigured these rifles to their military looks. And from all the pictures posted on this site, they did a Great Job. Note that not all of their receivers are made in Bulgaria.
............................Hope This Will Help!
Top Top