Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/13/2011 12:21:51 PM EDT
Could anyone tell this N00b to AK's  if a surplus Romanian AKM BC and piston is a drop in replacement for the POS WASR one? I got a "deal" on a used WASR and I can see why. The current BC and gas piston are screwed together with no pin, spot weld, and the threads are stripped out in the BC meaning the piston flops around looser than a $20 whore. and begining to back out of the BC from just cycling the action.

Thanks in advance.

Mr B.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The bolt carrier with piston should be an easy swap out....nothing to worry about.

BUT be sure to use the original bolt, you you will likely have headspacing issues.

Another thing you will need to worry about is the gas piston you have is probably a US made part that you will need for 922R compliance, or you will be over on the foreign made parts in your rifle, which is a BIG no no!
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The gas piston is supposed to be a little loose so that there is some play in it. I got a new WASR last week and there is no play at all in the piston which was causing it to rub on the side of the gas block and was causing feeding issues.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:22:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I thought the AKM would be GTG and I don't see any issues with the bolt, And I'll be good on the 922 parts after I'm all done with this.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top