Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/12/2008 12:44:26 PM EDT
I was looking through and reading some comments about the different mags, and I saw some comments about Polish Poly mags being a little more prone to cracking (hairline cracks anyway)... at least more so than mags from other countries. Was this just the 7.62 mag or is this true for the 5.45 mag as well?

Are the Polish 5.45 mags considered good or are there other, better options?

Thanks!
Dave (Ak newbie)
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a polish 74 mag that has a crack at the back side of the feed lips.  The mag is re-enforced there, so I am guessing it was dropped at some point.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 new Polish 74 polymer mags; both have hairline cracks around back lips and on the sides.
Polish steel 5.45 mags are superb.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:48:45 AM EDT
[#4]
My 7.62X39 Polish mag cracked during storage.  There was no ammo in the mag.  It was a brand new mag.  I guess it got tired of living in storage and killed itself.

Not sure where the rust came from.  It was stored in the an air conditioned house.  None of my mags or firearms have rust problem.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine are fine.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My 7.62X39 Polish mag cracked during storage.  There was no ammo in the mag.  It was a brand new mag.  I guess it got tired of living in storage and killed itself.

i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/Neutrino45/AK%20pictures/Accessories/IMG_0594copy.jpg

i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/Neutrino45/AK%20pictures/Accessories/IMG_0588copy.jpg

Not sure where the rust came from.  It was stored in the an air conditioned house.  None of my mags or firearms have rust problem.

Wow, that's awful
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top