Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 7:24:19 PM EDT
I've done some research on what kind of AK i want and have decided on a yugo.  After browsing the centerfire.com website i see that the reciever is missing for these kits.  How do i go about installing a new receiver?  Is it possible without specialty machinery tools? I'm probably showing my newbness off but I have limited experience in this realm of firearms.  I was also looking at centerfire.com and noticed they are selling Suomi kits with the reciever "sliced" into several pieces.  How do you go about recontructing the reciever?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:18:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Not really on the Suomi. When you get a new 80% receiver for it you can get one with a smaller ID and then have the bolt turned. Just like how they do the Sten conversion. The conversion for the Suomi is farely easy. Just mostly machine work that needs done and over on Weaponeer there is people doing it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes you can build an AK without special tools.  Press and drill press will make it easier, but you could do it with out them. You will need a drill, vice, hammers, some punches, a grinder, and some peices of metal.(I probably left out a few things, but those are the basics) Good luck.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top