Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/23/2004 3:06:40 PM EDT
The prices for the amd65 kits are getting really cheap. So cheap I thought about trying to build one. I know how to go about assembling everything except the rivets...what kind of tool is needed for that?

Also I plan on just buying a Ohio ordinance reciever. But I was wondering if I build it could I use a 5.45x39 reciever instead of a 7.62x39?

I just don't want another ak47 varient that shoots 7.62x39's...Because I'm hoping to get a WSAR-3 .223 for xmas Also when assembling a rifle you have to get approval from the ATF and pay 200$ correct?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Just to clarify, if you are doing a straight AMD65 build without permanently attaching the muzzle attachment, then I believe you WOULD need the $200 SBR tax.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I planned on the barrel extention and some other U.S. parts.

I just wanted a 5.45 reciever because it would be different...i already have one gun that shoots 7.62s...thought it would be interesting to have something that shoots something else.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#4]
your going the wrong direction for 5.45x39. The AMD kits are 7.62 only
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I see. I may try to build one anyways. Just because the kits are really cheap now. I'm just worried about getting the trunion holes right and some other stuff. I should have access to most of the tools I need and I'm gonna get a prebent receiver so it may not be to hard. Not sure. I may go ahead and order a gunsmithing movie and some manuals or something to.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top