Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/25/2008 7:10:23 PM EDT
Hello All, I'm build on a Ewbanks receiver(romanian G kit). I did a mock install of the trunions to see how things would fit. Then Installed the bolt and carrier and I have an issue. The Damned ejector apears to be an 1/8" of an inch to wide. The question is if the ejector if filed to fit will it have to be heat treated again?? ––any other potential issues I should be watching for?   Thanks
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Wouldn't be a bad idea to reheat-treat it, considering you're going to hate trying to replace it if it ever breaks. 5 minutes with a torch vs. a whole lot of headache.

Whether you actually are putting yourself in any danger is dependent on how much you need to take off and how deep the heat-treat was. Considering the fact it'd be hard to only heat up the edge of the fin and not much more, you're probably fairly safe. It's just cheap insurance, is all.
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#2]
All 3 of my Ewbanks receivers needed the ejector filed and I didn't re-heat treat since the receivers are fully kiln treated, 3 years and a couple thousand rounds later they are holding up well.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top