Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/12/2006 6:20:55 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Nothing major. I know they warped quite a few at heat treating lately. I bought a couple because they were the only ones available at the time and they were not near as nice as the 3 I bought 6 months ago. The first ones fit nice, no bends, had some kind of coating (not parked). I started some more builds tonight and pulled them out. First off I had to blast them to get the rust off (no coating). One had a couple of pits, nothing real bad but still irritating. Next I noticed that they were bowed in on the ends much worse than the previous three ( with the trunnions in I think they will be fine but, still worse). Also I had a plate trimed to put in my trigger guard rivets (from my last builds) and it will not fit in either receiver. The receivers are almost 1/16 too narrow for the plate (but the trunnions still fit and line up fine). Have they changed up production and bending procedures as well as heat treating. Once agian nothing bad just a few observations.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:29:23 PM EDT
Is this really newsworthy? SSDD
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:36:17 PM EDT
I don't want to be hearing this stuff.........I have seven 5.45's en route right now!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:39:36 PM EDT
Like I said, its nothing major. I was just wondering if I got three really good ones, two ok ones, or quaility is going down. The worst part is the complete bare metal (no coating behind the rails) and the minor pitting on the inside near the rails. I believe it will work out fine but I didn't know if I should just say fuck it and buy another for my m92 or start bending my own.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:42:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By StreetTrends:
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Nothing major. I know they warped quite a few at heat treating lately. I bought a couple because they were the only ones available at the time and they were not near as nice as the 3 I bought 6 months ago. The first ones fit nice, no bends, had some kind of coating (not parked). I started some more builds tonight and pulled them out. First off I had to blast them to get the rust off (no coating). One had a couple of pits, nothing real bad but still irritating. Next I noticed that they were bowed in on the ends much worse than the previous three ( with the trunnions in I think they will be fine but, still worse). Also I had a plate trimed to put in my trigger guard rivets (from my last builds) and it will not fit in either receiver. The receivers are almost 1/16 too narrow for the plate (but the trunnions still fit and line up fine). Have they changed up production and bending procedures as well as heat treating. Once agian nothing bad just a few observations.

depends if they have that stupid longhaired idiot doing the heattreatment.
Top Top