Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2007 6:12:14 PM EDT
I recently bought some Prvi Partizan 7.62x39 soft point round nose ammo from AIM for use at my indoor range, which does not allow steel ammo.  The stuff was not cheap, compared to most AK ammunition.  I finally got to try it tonight.  For the first time I can think of my VEPR had a failure to feed.  Half or more of the two boxes I tried to shoot failed to feed.  The noses of the rounds tended to hang up on the guide below the mouth of the chamber, damaging the tips of the rounds in the process.  The rounds also appeared to be quite short compared to FMJ ammo, it tended to slide around front to back in the magazine.  This is the first time I've had any problem with Prvi ammunition.  I've had good luck with their M193 5.56, 6.5x55, 7.5x55, etc.  I certainly won't be buying anymore of this particular round!  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:58:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had feed problems with ANY and ALL SP ammo in all three of my AKs. I just don't shoot it anymore. HP also chokes up my Romy with the same problem described above. Alas, the SKS eats it all.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top