Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 10:15:06 AM EDT
I was test fitting my FCG components into my OOW receiver and discovered that the squarish peice that hangs down from the selector (inside the receiver) hits the rear of the trigger. Not the portion that you pull with your finger, but the extension behind the trigger (a diagram would be VERY usefull, yes?). This results in the selector not being able to be put on safe. Anyone have any ideas on this, or had the same problem??

Thanks,
Dean.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Most selectors are modified for semi use by grinding or cutting out that little piece that is binding up on your selector. If you have a semi selector in another rifle it would be easy to see what I am talking about.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Most selectors are modified for semi use by grinding or cutting out that little piece that is binding up on your selector. If you have a semi selector in another rifle it would be easy to see what I am talking about.

Agreed, had to trim mine down a bit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:52:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Great. Thanks. I had a MAK90 years ago, but its long gone now and I have nothing to compare to now.
Are there any diagrams floating around that show how the rest of the FCG goes together?
Dean
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#4]
This diagram will help. Ignore the forward most naughty pivot pin and hole.

www.aa-ok.com/AK_Tech/aktechinfo.htm
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
everyone who has used an OOW reciver had this problem!!!
just grind the bottom of the stop...works fine
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top