Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2010 4:14:17 PM EDT
Found this in a local shop.  FEG receiver.  Semi glossy finish.  AMD65 type brake (does not appear spot welded on).  Takes single stack ten round mags that look very high quality (comes with two).  Aftermarket choate thumbhole stock and fore stocks.  Barrel from chamber end looks chrome lined.  Gas tube is mildly corroded (looks like surface rust, not the big pits I have on my WASR2).  Rear sight is gray with an "A" as the first character.  Some small dings and scratches.  Neutered (no bayo lug or spring detent) front sight block––BUT the brake does have cut outs for the missing detent. X marked trigger group pin holes.  Magwell dimples. It's been there awhile at $600.  Seems like a good candidate for de-banning, I think they will come down on price...but what would a good price be?

LIKE THIS GUN:
WITH THIS STOCK
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#1]
At $600 it'll be there till the owner dies. Last year I sold a mint NIB SA 85M postie for $600. I would say $400 would be the absolute max price, & at that he'd have to include a bunch of mags.  GARY  N4KVE
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking around on GB, and there was one in NY that didn't sell––just like this one––for about $350 shipped...WOW.  Hungarian AK's for WASR prices..of course, compliance parts to deban would be another couple of hundred, I suppose.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Those rifles with the Choate stocks were sold like that by CDNN Investments during the Assault Weapon ban
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Those rifles with the Choate stocks were sold like that by CDNN Investments during the Assault Weapon ban

Do you remember what they sold for at that time?

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you remember what they sold for at that time?

The ad was in Shotgun News way back when.  I haven't seen the ad posted in some time but I would guess around $250.00.  I remember seeing one in a gunshop in Tucson, Arizona for around that price and I was going to buy it until I found out they used a locap mag that was not readily available.  At the time you could buy Romanian SAR-1s all day long for $289.00 and milled Bulgarian receivered SLR-100H rifles for $460.00 so I passed.

No way I would pay that much for one as I got my thumbhole stocked SA85M FEG rifle for $425.00 back around 2007-2008.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top