Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 11:10:07 AM EDT
THis is as SKS question - I know it doesnt go here but I figured I get an answer quicker here.

Early chinese import (?) - all milled (no stamped trigger guard), 90% finish, red fiberglass stock, numbers match except on the mag, chinese writting all over the receiver, spike bayonet.  

Seller wants $150 which to me seems a bit high.  Of course I remember buying them for $65-75 new with wood furniture.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably right, although I am no Shotar. Exc Romys were going for $160ish last year (same as an exc Yugo now), and Russians are about $275 now. I would visit Simonov.net (.com?) to follow up on any clues for the real import date range to ensure what you can do to the stock/mag cap/exc in the future.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah its ugly, but how many of the red fiberglass ones do you see anymore?  I havent seen one in years.  The other thing that got my attention was all the Chinese markings and lack of stamped parts.

The seller is no help as to the barrel being threaded - he's your classic moron behind the counter type.  Of course since it seems to be constructed very similar to the Russian SKS's I have I'm guessing its threaded.

RS39, thanks for the lead on the SKS site - I'll have to check them out.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top