Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/26/2004 3:29:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/26/2004 11:20:43 AM EST by TXN]
First: I know the bulk of Hesse stuff is crrrrrrrrraaaaaapppp, but I understand that their Saiga conversions are pretty much safe. So, don't turn this into a Hesse-crapping thread, because there are enough of them already. I only want opinions related to Hesse-Saiga conversions.

That said, what is the going rate for a 7.62x39 Saiga converted by Hexxe?

Edited to add: This is a weapon I have seen - and will shoot - before buying.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:34:27 AM EST
I have a Hesse converted Saiga in 5.56 that I bought from a friend. The only bad thing about it is the weld for the muzzle brake. The rifle is a solid shooter and I really like it.

That being said, I would probably not buy a Hesse product unless I saw the weapon first. Their reputation speaks for itself.

If you see one and you say “Hey, that’s a good looking rifle!” you just might want to pick it up. Make sure the receiver is a Russian Saiga receiver though.

You might want to pick up an SAR-1 though as they are cheaper. I picked one up for $300 3 months ago and it is a solid shooter (except for the trigger slap that I fixed with a drop in trigger).
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:55:45 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:13:48 AM EST
OK, you talked me out of it. I guess it's true what they say: Friends don't let freinds buy Hesse.

<ducks behind desk>

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:40:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By TXN:
OK, you talked me out of it. I guess it's true what they say: Friends don't let freinds buy Hesse.

<ducks behind desk>

Truer words were never spoken....

And remember Hesse = Vulcan and Vulcan = Hesse

With apologies to Spock....

Top Top