Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 4:29:03 AM EDT
First: I know the bulk of Hesse stuff is crrrrrrrrraaaaaapppp, but I understand that their Saiga conversions are pretty much safe.  So, don't turn this into a Hesse-crapping thread, because there are enough of them already.  I only want opinions related to Hesse-Saiga conversions.

That said, what is the going rate for a 7.62x39 Saiga converted by Hexxe?

Edited to add: This is a weapon I have seen - and will shoot - before buying.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Hesse converted Saiga in 5.56 that I bought from a friend.  The only bad thing about it is the weld for the muzzle brake.  The rifle is a solid shooter and I really like it.

That being said, I would probably not buy a Hesse product unless I saw the weapon first.  Their reputation speaks for itself.

If you see one and you say “Hey, that’s a good looking rifle!” you just might want to pick it up.  Make sure the receiver is a Russian Saiga receiver though.  

You might want to pick up an SAR-1 though as they are cheaper.  I picked one up for $300 3 months ago and it is a solid shooter (except for the trigger slap that I fixed with a drop in trigger).  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, you talked me out of it.  I guess it's true what they say: Friends don't let freinds buy Hesse.

<ducks behind desk>

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
OK, you talked me out of it.  I guess it's true what they say: Friends don't let freinds buy Hesse.

<ducks behind desk>

Truer words were never spoken....

And remember Hesse = Vulcan and Vulcan = Hesse

With apologies to Spock....

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top